CAT Full Form: CAT stands for Common Admission Test, and it is an Online (Computer-Based) entrance exam conducted by IIM (Indian Institute of Management) for admission in a graduate management program. The main purpose of this exam to select students for business administration programs.
There are many IIMs institutes present in India, and every year based on rotation, one of the IIMs organizes the CAT exam, and around 2,32,434; students apply for this exam every year. Only Top scored students get a chance to apply for IIMs.
CAT Full Form – What is CAT?
IIMs are one of the prestigious institutes present in India, and for their MBA course, they only accept CAT scores. Almost every institute which offers an MBA course receives the CAT score, in 2011 it was announced that IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) and Indian Institute of Science also accept CAT scores for their management programs.
To get admission in IIMs, CAT score is not enough, selected students to have to go through group discussion, and personal interview if they clear the CAT exam and call for further admission process.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT exam
There are some criteria that need to follow if a student wants to give the CAT exam.
- The student must hold a bachelor’s degree, with more than 50% score.
- The degree should be of a recognized University.
- Final year students can also apply for the CAT exam.
CAT Exam Pattern:
- It is a Computer-Based Test
- Exam conducted in two sessions.
- Exam contains 100 question including Objective and Subjective questions.
- It is for 300 marks.
- Students are given 180 minutes to complete the exam.
- Three marks are given for each right answer
- One mark deducted for each wrong answer
- 0 marks for a raw answer.
|Sections||Subjects||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|I||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 minutes||32||96|
|II||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 minutes||34||102|
|III||Quantitative Ability||60 minutes||34||102|
|Total||180 minutes||100 questions||300 marks|
You may also interested in: