The chief financial officer is known as CFO. In a company, a CFO manages all the financial activities and is assigned to the post of Senior Finance manager. All the financial and risk management tasks are performed under the Chief Financial Officer as he is the head of the accounting and finance department of a company.
CFO Full Form
To be a CFO an experienced candidate is required with considerable experience in finance or related fields. With this, a background in finance or financial field, business, and other similar fields is also highly recommended for being a CFO.
For the promotion to the post of CFO, a finance manager has to work hard and maintain all the accounts and finances properly. CEO is the head to which CFO has to report about all the activities.
Some important duties of a CFO are:
- To plan all the financial strategies of a company and execute them.
- Overlooking at all financial records.
- Looking after the financial operations and capital structure.
- Reporting about the financial details to the CEO.
- To plan all the strategies related to financing.
- Giving all the financial details to the board of directors.
- To handle the legal, tax, treasury and investor relations department.
- To look after the financial strength as well as the weakness of a company in order to rectify them.
People are also Reading