NTPC Full Form: National Thermal Power Corporation
NTPC Full Form is National Thermal Power Corporation. It is an Indian Public sector which deals with the generation and sales of electricity along with some allied activities. The Headquarters of NTPC is located in New Delhi India.
The main business of NTPC is to generate and sell the electricity to the state-owned power distribution Electric board and apart from this core business NTPC also deals with consultancy and turnkey project contracts such as engineering, project management, construction management and operation and management of power plants. NTPC also involved in gas exploration and coal mining activities which make it India’s largest power generating companies.
On 7th November 1975 Indian Government formed this company as “National Thermal Power Corporation Private Limited”, later on, which changed to National Thermal Power Corporation, and now it has 53 power stations which comprise of 22 Coal, 7 combined cycle gas/liquid fuel, 2 Hydro, 1 Wind and 11 solar projects.
In 1976 NTPC started its first thermal project at Shaktinagar Uttar Pradesh, and in 1983 it began its commercial operation of selling power, as a result, it earned a profit of 4.5 crores.
Some Achievements of NTPC
- In 1983 it began commercial operations and make a profit of 4.5 crores.
- By the end of 1985, it had the power generation capacity of 2000 MW.
- by 1986 it completed synchronization of its first 500 MW unit at Singrauli.
- In 1989 it started a consultancy division
- By 1994 it has an electricity generating capacity of 15,000 MW.
- In 1995 it overtook the Talcher Thermal Power Station from Orissa State Electricity Board.
- In 2000 it started its first-ever hydro-electric power project.
- By 2002 it has 3 subsidiary companies “NTPC Electric Supply Company Limited”, “NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Limited” and “NTPC Hydro Limited”.
NTPC Quick Summary
|Full-Form||National Thermal Power Corporation|
|Founded||7th November 1975|
|Services||Electricity generation and distribution of natural gas exploration, production, transportation, and distribution|
|Controlling Authority||Indian Government|
|Employee Strength||Approx. 18,350|
You may be also interested in: