AJAX Full Form
The advantage of AJAX:
- It dramatically enhances the speed, performance, and utility of web applications.
- AJAX-enabled applications are always very user-friendly as it eliminates the page postback
- It greatly cuts down the traffic travels amidst the server and the client.
- It is very flexible and provides the facility to swap XML with JSON
- It uses HTTP Protocol for communication
- It can be debugged using browser add-ons like Firebug for Firefox.
- Ultra-fast response time.
- AJAX has the provision of object-oriented helper functions which enhances the user productivity
- It is data-driven rather than being page-driven.
The drawbacks of AJAX:
- AJAX-enabled apps are difficult to debug.
- Some screen reading technologies may not be able to read web apps which are AJAX-enabled.
- It is designed for one way communication and won’t be a good choice for two way communication.
- AJAX is not recognized by a majority of web-crawlers except Google.
- Although the dynamic interface is an add-on, it can sometimes interrupt the user interaction.
- AJAX pages which are created dynamically often do not register themselves in the browser history, therefore, making it impossible to go back by pressing the back button in the browser.
People are also reading: