AJAX Full Form
Advantages of AJAX
- It dramatically enhances the speed, performance, and utility of web applications.
- AJAX-enabled applications are always very user-friendly as it eliminates page postback.
- It greatly cuts down the traffic travels between the server and the client.
- It is very flexible and provides the facility to swap XML with JSON.
- AJAX uses HTTP Protocol for communication.
- It is possible to debug AJAX code using browser add-ons like Firebug for Firefox.
- AJAX has an ultra-fast response time.
- It provides object-oriented helper functions that enhance user productivity.
- It is data-driven rather than page-driven.
Drawbacks of AJAX
- AJAX-enabled apps are difficult to debug.
- Some screen reading technologies may not be able to read web apps that are AJAX-enabled.
- It is designed for one-way communication and won't be a good choice for two-way communication.
- Except for Google, a majority of web crawlers do not recognize AJAX.
- Although the dynamic interface is an add-on, it can sometimes interrupt user interaction.
- Dynamically created AJAX pages often do not register themselves in the browser history, therefore, making it impossible to go back by pressing the back button in the browser.
People are also reading: