AJAX Full Form
Advantages of AJAX
- It dramatically enhances the speed, performance, and utility of web applications.
- AJAX-enabled applications are always very user-friendly as it eliminates page postback.
- It greatly cuts down the traffic travels between the server and the client.
- It is very flexible and provides the facility to swap XML with JSON.
- AJAX uses HTTP Protocol for communication.
- It is possible to debug AJAX code using browser add-ons like Firebug for Firefox.
- AJAX has an ultra-fast response time.
- It provides object-oriented helper functions that enhances user productivity.
- It is data-driven rather than being page-driven.
Drawbacks of AJAX
- AJAX-enabled apps are difficult to debug.
- Some screen reading technologies may not be able to read web apps that are AJAX-enabled.
- It is designed for one-way communication and won't be a good choice for two-way communication.
- Except for Google, a majority of web crawlers do not recognize AJAX.
- Although the dynamic interface is an add-on, it can sometimes interrupt user interaction.
- Dynamically created AJAX pages often do not register themselves in the browser history, therefore, making it impossible to go back by pressing the back button in the browser.