GPRS Full Form: General Packet Radio Service
GPRS Full Form is General Packet Radio Service.
It is a packet-oriented mobile data standard on the 2G and 3G cellular communication network’s global system for mobile phones. In simple words, GPRS is a system that extends the reach of mobile devices by connecting them with the Internet. Right now, GPRS is maintained and regulated by the 3 rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP). In 2G devices, GPRS provided a data rate of 56 to 114 KB/sec and in 3G devices, it used to provide 1MB/sec to 4 MB/sec.
History of GPRS
In 2000, GPRS was introduced as a packet-switched data service, which extends the reach of mobile devices and connects them with the internet, and it was a game-changer for the mobile industries.
Services Provided by GPRS
- SMS messaging.
- SMS broadcasting
- Internet Accessibility.
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS).
- Push to talk over Cellular devices.
- Wireless instant messaging.
- Point-to-Point Service.
- Point-to-Multiple Point Service.
Advantages of GPRS
- It provides a high data transfer speed.
- It can set point to point and point to multiple point communication.
- All the data transfer is done wireless.
- Connect mobile devices to the internet.
- Provide services like SMS and MMS.
|GPRS||General Packet Radio Service|
|Formed by||European Telecommunication Standards Institute|
|Used in||Cellular Devices|
People are also reading:
Leave a Comment on this Post