Want to transform your normal TV into a smart one? You will need an Amazon fire TV stick . It is a media streaming device that lets you install various apps from Amazon Appstore, stream videos, and play music on your TV. Stream shows and services from all popular services, including Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and HBO Max, all in one place with the help of Amazon fire TV stick.
The best part is using this streaming device is extremely easy and convenient. Plug the device into your TV’s HDMI port on the backside. Not only can you watch videos and play music, but you can also browse online.
Though you can access various streaming apps on your TV with an Amazon Fire TV Stick device, without a VPN, you might not be able to access content from different locations.
As a result, using a good virtual private network is essential to access any restricted content. It allows you to access geo-restricted content and keeps data stored on an Amazon fire TV stick safe and protected. It hides your original IP address and provides a new one. This makes it possible for you to appear as if you are anywhere in the world and can take advantage of any restricted content.
But even though you can find many VPNs for your smartphone or computer, picking the right one for your firestick device might not be the easiest. Only a few support Fire OS and help you browse the Amazon Fire Stick applications without extra configuration.
As it is essential to choose the right one for firestick, we have compiled a list of some of the best VPNs for firestick that are excellent for unblocking content and easy to use. Before it, we want you to know how to pick the best one.
Why Do You Need an Amazon Fire TV Stick VPN?
Besides accessing geo-restricted content, a virtual private network comes in handy in accessing video libraries that are limited due to content licensing agreements.
Apart from this, your government, Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the streaming app you use might impose restrictions on you. In addition, there is a possibility that you may experience the following without a VPN:
- Online Surveillance: Your ISP, government, and other third parties, like hackers, could monitor your online activities, putting your privacy in danger.
- Internet Throttling: You may not be able to enjoy lag-free streaming. Throttling results in buffering and allow streaming.
As a result, using a virtual private network for Amazon Fire TV stick can help you overcome these above experiences giving you secure streaming.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Firestick?
1. Connection Speed
The connection speed is the primary deciding factor for any VPN. Since you require a virtual private network for firestick, you must look for a connection speed ideal for video streaming without any buffering.
The following are the connection speeds Netflix has recommended for video streaming:
- 3 Mb/s for SD or 480p videos
- 4-5 Mb/s for HD videos (both 720p and 1080p)
- 25 MB/s for UHD, 4K videos
However, you should always remember that there will be at least some connection speed loss when you use a VPN.
2. Encryption Strength
The strength of encryption decides the security of your data. For Amazon firestick, it is recommended to use a virtual private network with OpenVPN AES-255-bit encryption protocol, as this protocol is best-in-class and industry-recognized.
3. Security Features
Security is paramount when it comes to personal and sensitive data. So, choose a firestick VPN with security features, such as a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and split tunneling .
4. No-Log Policy
The firestick VPN provider you choose can see and record all your online activities. However, many providers offer a strict no-log policy that keeps no record of your online activities, allowing you to stay safe even from their eyes.
5. Customer Support
Ensure the provider offers round-the-clock support. When you choose a good and reliable VPN, there will a very little chance of contacting customer support. Still, your provider should be available for you in case of urgency.
6. User-Friendly App
Do not forget that an Amazon firestick device is remote-controlled. As a result, the VPN app should also be remote- as well as user-friendly.
10 Best VPNs for Amazon Fire TV Stick in 2023
ExpressVPN is one of the best services we can think of when accessing geo-restricted content. On Amazon firestick devices, you can download it from Amazon Appstore . And you wouldn't even need anything to configure it because the settings are straightforward.
The firestick app has the same interface as the application available for Android devices. Except this time, you control the VPN with the remote on your Amazon firestick. Also, the operating steps are simple — launch the app on your TV and connect it to the VPN with a single click. You can also open the list of the servers they provide from 90+ countries and click on the server you want to connect to.
ExpressVPN can easily unblock any restricted geography content, and it also comes with a great connection speed so that you don't experience any buffering. Also, you can trust it blindly because it never keeps a record of the things you are browsing online, and it runs on its private DNS every time you connect your device to a VPN connection.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supports Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, and Linux.
- Suitable for Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, etc.
- Subscription starts from $6.67/mth.
- Great connection speed
- Round-the-clock chat support
- Unblocks every restricted content
- No ISP throttling
- Only supports 5 simultaneous connections
It is lightweight and does not keep a record of your browsing history. It offers many servers and is also a perfect option for streamers. With ultra-fast VPN servers, this service provides security as well as speed.
Like the above service, NordVPN is also available for Android and other regular devices. You can download the app right from the Amazon App Store.
The NordVPN app for firestick has a map-based interface where you can find all the servers you want to connect your device to. The application provides a quick connection, great stability, and privacy when protecting your online identity while accessing geo-blocked content.
You can use over 6000 servers from 59 countries and stream content from iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney Plus, and more. If you need help setting up NordVPN on your Amazon Fire Stick device or finding a server that works, you can contact their support team, which is available 24/7.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Unblocks Amazon, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, iPlayer, etc. streaming sites.
- Suitable for Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Linux, etc. devices.
- Supports 6 simultaneous connections.
- Comes with live 24/7 support.
- Brilliant security
- No logging
- Unblocks almost every streaming app
- IP leak protection
- Quick connection
- Supports multiple devices
- No ISP throttling
- The interface is a little odd.
3. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost is another best virtual private network for firestick that comes with a dedicated app. After downloading the app, you can sign in and connect your device to a secured connection.
There are around 9300+ servers across 91 countries and 115 locations. The interface of CyberGhost comes with different specialized servers that can help you unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other popular streaming websites. This service has no data caps and offers unlimited bandwidth, allowing you to stream your favorite shows in UHD, 4K, or 8K.
CyberGhost provides users with robust data encryption using different kinds of VPN protocols and also a brilliant performance. It also comes with customer-friendly e-support to answer your queries or doubts.
- Uses OpenVPN , L2TP, PPTP, etc., protocols.
- Strict no-logs policy.
- 7 simultaneous connections
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- Supports Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Fire OS, etc.
- The subscription plan starts from $2.25/month
- Various secure servers to choose from.
- Perfect for streaming and torrenting.
- Easy to install.
- High-end features cost extra money.
4. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark is comparatively new compared to others on this list. It is cost-effective, affordable, and performs well and has advanced security features. It is ideal for individual users rather than for multiple connections.
Within the dashboard of Surfshark for Amazon firestick, you will find many high-end applications, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, etc., available on Amazon Firestick devices. It is compatible with newer and 2-generation Firesticks. Also, you don’t have to worry about lag or buffering; you can enjoy high-resolution streaming content.
Moreover, this service follows various VPN protocols along with AES-256 data encryption . Like any good and reliable virtual private network, Surfshark also does not log your browsing history. You can easily stream websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc., and access geo-restricted content.
- 3,200+ servers from 65 countries.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Peer-to-peer support.
- Supported devices: Windows, macOS, Fire OS, Android, iOS, web browsers, smart TVs, routers, etc.
- AES-256, IKEv2 , OpenVPN, and WireGuard protocols are used.
- No logs policy.
- Suitable for streaming
- Does not offer a proper anonymous IP address
5. Private Internet Access (PIA)
Private Internet Access (PIA) is one of the oldest services in the world. Even though PIA has been there for many years, it does protect your privacy and security with the best and latest security practices. The good thing is that it does not have any record of information leaks in the past.
PIA offers best-in-class performance, different servers to choose from, a wide variety of protocols, and fine-tuning options, and it is available on Fire OS. You can use PIA to connect to servers from your Firestick device and use the web connection.
It supports 10 simultaneous connections. However, it does not offer top streaming services options, but you can still use it on Netflix.
- Does not keep records of connection and activity logs.
- Supports cross-platforms.
- Allows up to 10 device associations at once.
- Uses IKEv2/IPsec and WireGuard .
- Utilizes AES-256 encryption.
- Starts from $2.08/month
- Easy to install on your device.
- Supports P2P.
- No data leak records.
- Unblocks Netflix.
- Various server networks.
- Not the most competitive choice for streaming media
PrivateVPN is one of the best and most popular VPNs worldwide, which is easy to use. With lightning speed, you can enjoy the freedom of the internet by accessing any content, regardless of the location. Using the Amazon fire TV stick app, you can unblock can stream services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.
Even though most first-generation Firestick devices do not support VPN connections, PrivateVPN is compatible. You can install it on a router and connect your Firestick device to that router to enjoy an anonymous streaming experience.
PrivateVPN for Fire OS weighs only 26 MB and comes with a 500 plus users rating on the Amazon Appstore. In short, this lightweight solution provides high speed and allows you to unblock major streaming services.
- 150+ servers from 60 countries.
- Supports 6 devices at once.
- Supports regular device platforms such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Fire OS, etc.
- Live chat support.
- No logs.
- AES-256 encryption, IPSec , and IKEv2 protocols.
- Strong encryption.
- Does not collect data.
- Unblocks famous streaming sites.
- Various VPN protocols.
- A very less number of servers.
7. Ivacy VPN
Ivacy VPN is the best for those who have not used a virtual private network before and is quite affordable. It is a Singapore-based service that protects your privacy, uses a wide range of VPN protocols, and allows you to stay anonymous on the web. It has 5700+ servers in over 100+ locations.
The service lets you enjoy buffer-free streaming and prevent ISP throttling. Unblock streaming services like Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and ESPN. May it be any content across the world, you can unblock it with Ivacy.
If you are only using a VPN for streaming media, Ivacy VPN is a perfect way to start the journey because you do not have to spend a lot of money, and it can also protect your privacy from start to end.
- Uses AES-256-bit data encryption.
- Uses various protocols - L2TP, IPSec, PPTP, OpenVPN, IKEv2, SSTP , etc.
- Supports routers, Windows, macOS, Fire OS, Linux, and all mobile OSs.
- Supports up to 10 parallel connections.
- The price starts from $1.33/month.
- Comes with robust security.
- Does not collect your data.
- Unblocks popular streaming sites.
- Extremely affordable.
- Provides the users with specialized servers.
- Does not support the Tor browser.
8. Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield is a perfect solution for speed, security with military-grade encryption, and unblocking any content or streaming site worldwide. Generally, VPNs always slow down your internet connection. This is not the case with Hotspot Shield because it gives you a super-fast experience of getting on your Amazon fire stick device.
Enjoy Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, and other streaming sites on your Amazon firestick device with lightning-fast speed. You can also enjoy various movies and TV shows from different countries.
The most desirable feature is that it does not log your data, masks your IP address, and allows you to stay anonymous while using the internet. You can connect up to 5 devices with a single account simultaneously.
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 115+ virtual server locations across 80+ countries.
- 24/7 chat support is available.
- Multiple-platform supported.
- Total simultaneous connections: 5
- Unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.
- Faster than the rest.
- Simple and clean interface.
- Does not have many configuration options.
We like IPVanish, too, when it comes to securing your Internet connection and streaming on your Amazon Firestick simultaneously. It offers more than 2000+ servers from 75+ countries, which is somewhat like what ExpressVPN does.
This service provides the no log feature, i.e., it does not record your data and online activities. The end-to-end encryption scrambles your data, not allowing hackers and others to read it. It supports connecting unlimited devices simultaneously with the same account. You can also configure it to use on your router.
- 2000+ servers from 75+ countries.
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocol.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Enough range of server options.
- Doubtful security.
PureVPN is a geographically diverse and reliable option for Amazon Fire TV firestick users. You can use it on your Amazon Firestick to unblock popular sites like YouTube, Amazon Prime, and more. And since it offers 6500+ servers from 140 countries, we do not see a reason not to include PureVPN in our list.
This service utilizes OpenVPN UDP protocol and can help you stream HD and 4K movies faster than ever. You can use it on 2 and 3 generations of Firestick and Fire TV Stick 4K.
You can use this service on 10 devices simultaneously with a single account. The smart server selection feature selects the fastest server for your device and provides a lightning speed of up to 20 Gbps.
- Offers 6,500+ servers from 140 countries.
- Supports 2-3-gen Fire TV Sticks.
- Price starts from $3.33/month.
- Unblocks Netflix, YouTube, and other popular sites.
- Comes with AES-256 encryption.
- Torrenting capable.
- No DNS leaks.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supports ajor VPN protocols.
- Compatible with Android TV.
- Does not come with the kill switch feature.
Here ends our list of some of the best Amazon Firestick VPNs. Though you can use an Amazon firestick without a VPN, it would be possible to access only limited content. You must use it to unblock geo-restricted and censored content or streaming sites.
While choosing a virtual private network for your Amazon Firestick, check whether it is compatible, how many simultaneous connections it supports, and how fast it will be on your device. At the same time, make sure to check what streaming sites it unblocks and provides a no-log policy.
Go through the list and choose one that matches your requirements. If you want us to add any other VPN to the list, let us know in the comments section.
People are also reading:
Leave a Comment on this Post