XML full form is Extensible Markup Language.
It is a markup language like HTML, which is used to define data in a given set of rules for encoding in a specific format so that it can be read by humans as well as the machine.
Key Points of XML
- It stands for Extensible Markup Language.
- To some extent, it is similar to HTML.
- It helps to store and transport data in a human and machine-readable format.
- It was developed by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) .
What does XML do?
Generally, XML does nothing. Instead, it is a format to store and transport data with the help of user-defined tags.
<mail> <to>SAM</to> <from>Jhon</from> <subject>Meeting</subject> <message>Meet me this weekend </message> </mail>
Difference Between XML and HTML (XML vs HTML)
|XML is used to transport and store data.||HTML is used to display data.|
|It does not have pre-defined tags.||It has predefined tags.|
|XML tags are case-sensitive.||HTML tags are not case-sensitive|
|XML throws an error if there is an error in the code.||HTML does not throw an error if the code is wrong.|
Predefined Tags in XML
Unlike HTML , XML does not use predefined tags. For example, we have tag like <form>, <p> <h1>, and so on in HTML, and each tag has its own characteristics, but in XML, we do not have pre-defined tags. Thus, we have to make our own tags and provide a proper structure to the data.
Benefits of XML
- It makes data sharing easy.
- XML data can be easily read by humans as well as machines.
- It simplifies the data transport.
- XML makes data availability easy.
- It is platform-independent.
- Various systems may have different data formats. Exchanging data between these incompatible systems could be solved using XML.
XML Full Form: Summary
|XML Full Form||Extensible Markup Language|
|Use||To transport and store data|
|Developed by||World Wide Web Consortium|
XML full form is Extensible Markup Language. It is a metalanguage that allows the creation of customized markup languages for displaying documents on the web. Often, it is compared with HTML. While HTML is a markup language that allows describing the structure of a webpage and displaying data, XML is responsible for storing and transferring that data.
People are also reading: