MIS stands for a management information system. It is a study performed on people, organization, technology, and relationships with the help of computer technology. To calculate all the benefits involved in personnel, equipment and business processes, an MIS professional is hired. This whole field is based on people. Computer-based technology is used to calculate the results henceforth the probability of results being wrong is minimum. In order to create a database of people and information related to them, major companies use MIS technology.
The people who are MIS professionals are usually good in information technology information and technically strong with a business mind. They work in such a way that the benefits can be maximized from an investment.
There are the following career options for them:
- IT consultants
- Business Analysts
- System Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Application Developer
- System Developer
- Information System Manager etc
According to the duty assigned various MIS, professionals are found in different areas of different companies. They can work on the post of Chief Information Officer (CFO) OR Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
Advantages of MIS
- To work as a tool for planning.
- To figure out the strengths as well as weaknesses of a company.
- To maintain a data record of information for the company for future reference.
- To provide an overall analysis of a company.
- To act as a planning tool along with a communication tool.