In this article, we have provided a python code that is capable of generating random numbers.
Prerequisite topics to create this program
- Python Input, Output
- python modules
To generate random numbers in using the python program we require the random module to import in our program.
import random print(random.randint(0,9))
If you run this program in your system then you might get a different output. The randint() is a method of random module which is capable of generating random integer values.
Random Module in Python
Python has built-in module random which has some set of methods that can be used to generate and manipulate random numbers.
Choice method is used to pick a random number form a given container such as list, array, tuples, etc.
import random lis = [132,142,152,249] print(random.choice(lis))
2. randrange(start, end, steps):
This method of random can be used to generate a random number but within a range from start to end.
import random print(random.randrange(1,200,5))
This method is used to generate a float type random number which is less than 1 and greater than or equal to 0
import random print(random.random())
This method is capable of shuffling the list elements and arrange them randomly.
import random lis = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10] random.shuffle(lis) print(lis)
[8, 6, 5, 2, 9, 10, 3, 4, 7, 1]
People are also reading:
- Python Program To Display Powers of 2 Using Anonymous Function
- WAP to print the 1 to 10 Multiples of a Number
- Python Program to Convert Decimal to Binary, Octal and Hexadecimal
- WAP to convert a given number of days into years, weeks and days
- Python Program to Find the Factors of Number
- WAP to Display Fibonacci Series
- Programming in C and Java to convert from octal to decimal
- WAP to check whether the entered number is prime or not
- Python Program to Display the Multiplication Table
- WAP to find the divisors of a positive Integer