Data modeling is the method to apply the methodologies and techniques to the data according to data required for converting it in a beneficial form. In other words, it is used to convert intricate software design in a more straightforward format. Therefore data modeling tools allow a user to draw diagrams as it is simple to understand and connect data diagrammatically.
Benefits of Data Modeling
Various benefits of data modeling can clear your mind, so they are:
- Integrate data from various methods that may not communicate well with each other.
- Use free data modeling tools for creating big data so that information is more comfortable to access.
- Know your business by trying out graphic descriptions of complex concepts.
- You can use data modeling tools for utilizing the various data information and data sets for the benefits.
Best Data Modeling Tools
In this article, we are providing the information regarding the top 10 data modeling tools of 2020. Let’s discuss the best data modeling tools in brief.
This data modeling tool offers you some fantastic features and software options that’s why over 40,000 organizations across the globe are using this tool for best results. It consists of features like the ability to create machine learning models as well as mould the data modeling in the perspective actions. This data modeling tool is best for those who never used any data modeling tool before because it is easy to use due to the tutorial and pre-set case templates features. A user can find that software can integrate with the custom R code, and Python allows 1,500 native algorithms.
Features of RapidMiner
- This tool can easily be incorporated through any data source types, including Access, Tera data, Excel, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Ingres, IBM SPSS, IBM DB2, MySQL, etc.
- RapidMiner is powerful in that it can create analytics based on the settings of real-life data.
- It has flow-based programming that allows visualization of pipelines
- It contains modules for machine learning, statistical analysis, etc.
- No coding required
- Easy to set up
- Higher cost
- ‘No coding’ creates challenges for the users sometimes.
This tool is different from other data modeling tools because it provides the feature of mapping so that a user can create a map for sales and grow the business in a convenient way possible. Apart from sales, territory maps can be created for reducing fuel costs and increasing productivity. This data modeling tool also holds the capability to provide analytical results in an accessible format.
Features of MapBusinessOnline
- Content Management
- Custom Dashboards
- Filtered Views
- Relational Display
- Simulation Models
- Visual Discovery
- It optimizes the information for sales
- An essential tool for analyzing the real impact
- Easy to use
- Navigation around the maps are bit messy
- Mapping curves creates issues.
This data modeling tool can fulfil your needs if you want a reliable database designing and modeling tool. It provides convenience to the users so that they can create tables in the database through visual modeling. This tool is also beneficial for working on the reverse engineering model. Vertabelo offers users to tweak the organization of elements they have already built.
Features of Vertabelo
- It has a feature of model sharing
- Public link to the model
- A friendly UI
- Amazing editing model
- Innovative and flexible
- Amazing UI and easy to use features.
- Performance issues sometimes that means it glitches in the rare cases
- Cost issues
This data modeling tool provides convenience for creating database diagrams with a collaborative online tool. It is a cloud-based tool that’s why you don’t have to download substantial sized software and updates. Apart from it, the user can save a considerable amount of time through this tool because it is entirely automated. The database schema design tool can work with various platforms like MySQL, SQL Server Oracle, and PostgreSQL.
Features of Lucidchart
- Fantastic options for creating diagrams
- Wide range of advanced features
- High assets of information with easy to use interface
- Appropriate for architectural diagrams
- It provides convenience in a traditional flowchart system
- Overall performance is amazing
- Great visual features
- User can face issues while finding the documents into many elements
- Saving and storing system is a bit messy and creates challenges for the user
- A little issue can create a huge error incomplete
- Sharing option can be improved
5. SQL Database Modeler
This data modeling tool offers a user to participate in both forward and reverses engineering and this tool works on the existing database for perfecting them and then forward engineering works on the process to grow over time. It provides a bunch of features like the ability to produce multiple subject areas and also amazing user-friendly user interface. Companies like Lenovo, Deloitte and Wayfair use this tool.
Features of SQL Database Modeler
- Important query language
- Optimized for big numbers of table rows
- Can manage large numbers of transactions
- Fantastic performance with excellent outcomes.
- Many various varieties of database
- Fast for searching and querying of data
- Fast for recovering data from multiple tables
- Can manage large numbers of transactions
- The predefined data model
- Can be hard to turn data from Objects into database tables
- Vertically scalable
- Loss of partition tolerance
6. Erwin Data Modeler
This data modeling tool is also known as a powerful but less expensive tool for business and also complies with the governance database rules. It is one of the best data modeling tools in the present time because it includes automated schema generation, cloud-based data solution, and power to create hybrid architecture. Several versions of this tool are available that include standard editions.
Feature of Erwin Data Modeler
- Automated model
- Schema generation
- Metadata reporting
- Model integration
- Model publication
- Standards deployment
- Synchronize and balance model
- Synchronize and balance databases
- ERD diagrams
- They are publishing ERDs for end-user consumption
- The GUI is slightly clunky.
- Overwhelming amount of options that can provide useful eventually.
7. Toad Data Modeler
The company focuses on automation for increasing productivity in the business. The features of these data modeling tools include instant analysis and power to export to tools like Excel. Apart from it the tools sync and compare the data so that users can easily automate repetitive tasks for saving time and increasing performance. This tool provides forward and reverse database engineering.
Features of Toad Data Modeler
- BI Standard Reporting
- Ad-hoc Reporting
- Report Scheduling
- Data Visualization
- Access Security
- Mobile Capabilities
- Application Program Interfaces (APIs)
- Export data into excel.
- Export data into excel using a pivot table functionality.
- Navigation within windows is automatic and simple to understand.
- Proper for SQL beginners and experts equally.
- It freezes up in some cases
- Better functionality is needed
- More valid integration is needed.
This data modeling tool can work with the SQL as well as noSQL databases that offers an excellent choice for SQL users. The best features in the tool are interactive layouts, deploying data from multiple tables with designs, ability to synchronize schema without connecting to a database. You can have the convenience to upload complete data from an excel file, and you can manage the data without purchasing any additional tool.
Features of DbSchema
- ER diagrams
- Query builder
- SQL editor
- Schema synchronization
- Data loader
- Documentation generator
- Automation scripts
- Graphical Diagram Editor
- Generic design
- Create schema from an existing database
- SQL editor with the syntax highlighting
- Beta version is a bit problematic
- Little expensive
This data modeling tool is an excellent option for those users who don’t want to spend lots of money on any tool because it is entirely free. This tool is full of features, including the power for connecting with various servers in the single window, bulk edit tables, and import text files. This tool can connect with different database systems like Microsoft SQL, MariaDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL
Features of HeidiSQL
- Great user management
- Syntax completion
- Data synchronization
- SSH tunnel
- Free and portable
- Supports multiple databases
- Maintains encrypted communication among client and server
- Amazing user interface
- It is not based on PHP
- This tool stops and glitches sometimes
- Can be buggy
- No session backup
- Works under Linux just with Wine
10. Apache Spark
Apache was developed in 2009 by the University of California, Berkeley’s AMPLab. It is a fast large-scale data processing engine that is used to execute applications in Hadoop clusters 100 times faster in memory and 10 times faster on disk. Spark is built on data science, and its concept makes data science smooth. Users can develop logical data that results in multiple tasks.
Features of Apache Spark
- Apache integrates with Hadoop data
- Works with libraries like GraphX, Spark Streaming and MLib.
- Amazing Speed
- Ease of Use
- Advanced Analytics
- Apache Spark is powerful
- It doesn’t have an automatic optimization process
- Fewer Algorithms
- Small Files Issue
- Window Criteria
There are various data modeling tools available in the modern era that can help you to have the best outcomes from the data information. This article helps you to gain appropriate knowledge regarding data modeling tools so that you can use the best tool for the desired results.
You might be also interested in: