Python is the most popular language of 2019 it has the highest search on google as compared to any other programming language. Its simplicity and versatile nature make it more popular, from software development to web development python are everywhere. It has many frameworks which are used to make web applications and web pages.
What is Django?
Here in this article, we will discuss one of the most popular python frameworks “Django”.
What is a Framework?
A framework is a collection of pre-defined modules, libraries, and API which calls your code and perform the specific task. These days developers are using frameworks to build web application because frameworks are very productive and provide efficiency as compared to start from scratch. Though whichever framework you choose to develop web application you should have knowledge of its native programming language.
What is Django?
It the most popular python framework of 2019, which is used to create a dynamic web application. It is an open source web framework with a native python language. The insane amount of python libraries really helped Django to grow.
It uses the MVT (Model View Templates) architecture designed pattern, here the model creation in Django might be difficult for a beginner but once you get it, you good to go. Many popular applications like Instagram, YouTube and Reddit using Django framework, even in the quantum research developers are taking help of Django this shows the true power and popularity of this framework.
It was released in July 2005 and since then it works on DRY (Do not Repeat Yourself) principle. It is a full-stack web framework and its built-in admin authentication feature made it different, amongst all the other python frameworks.
It is meant to develop and create big projects, so for a complete beginner, Django could be a hard choice but the opportunities it promising makes worth it.
Django (MVT) Architecture:
Django has an MVT (Models Views Templates) architecture which is similar to the famous MVC (Model View Controller) architecture. Basically, these architectures are used to get some input from a user to request the appropriate server and in return give a proper interface to the user. These three Architecture Components interlinked with each other.
Models in Django are the real deal which makes it work for the back-end. The models are the data carrier in Django, they linked with the database that holds all the data coming from a user or predefined once.
Django uses ORM (Object-Relational-Mapping) which helps the developer to create a Relational database using simple python programming langue. Though Python support many Relational Database Systems, it comes within built SQLite which is enough to handle and create data.
Templets in Django are the HTML files which is used for the User interface and play an important role when it’s come to the user input. This is the only layer with which a user can directly interact.
Django View layer deals with the logic and it is responsible which template should be shown to the user according to the user request. It fetches the data from the Model and put it on the templates so that a user can interact with it.
Django has many features:
- It has a well organized and complete web documentation.
- It is SEO friendly.
- As a Python framework, it has a large community.
- It can handle a large amount of that which show its high scalability.
- It is a Full stack web framework.
- Admin Authentication Feature which gives its app extra security
- Object-Relational-Mapping helps to create data using native Object-Oriented programming language.
- It provides an inbuilt admin interface
Django Advantages and Disadvantages:
Every Framework has its own advantages and disadvantages so do Django it has many features, which comes with many cons, let’s discuss some of its advantages and disadvantages.
- It can develop application very fast and the build quality of the applications made on Django is just amazing.
- It comes with many builds in features like admin authentication, site maps, content administration and lots more that give it an edge over other python frameworks.
- Security is the main asset of Django.
- It has easy Database management.
- It is a Python Frameworks, so it has many libraries in inheritance.
- With its versatile nature, it is opening many opportunities in future.
- We have to specify the URL routing in Django for every view, the URL specifying syntax is complicated but it is common, for a beginner it could be confusing at first.
- Speed is a major disadvantage of python so for Django with the increase in data it slows down work.
- It is monolithic which mean all the programming should be fall under MVT architecture the developer does not have any control over Django flow.
- It is not an ideal framework for minor Projects
There is no doubt that it is one of the most powerful frameworks, but it is not an ideal framework for a beginner. If you have opted Django as you first framework so you must have knowledge of python.
People Also Read: