Through this article, you will get detailed information about Features of C. Time and again, C language has shown its importance, but have you ever wondered that even with the onset of many high-level programming languages like Python and Java, why is C still in the market and thriving like a modern language? Have you wondered what makes C so unique? Well, before we dive into that, we must know what C language is.
What is C?
C is a general-purpose, procedural programming language that was developed by Dennis Ritchie and Bell Labs in the year 1972. It is a fundamental and straightforward language and is predominantly utilized for creating computer applications. All other programming languages are based straightforwardly or indirectly from C programming.
Features of C
- Easy to Use: C is a primary language as it gives an organized method (break the issue into parts), the luxurious arrangement of library capacities, information types, and so on. C language is a straightforward and straightforward programming language for both learning and coding. Each C program can be written in the primary English language, which is easily understandable.
- Portable: Unlike other programming languages, the C code can smoothly run on various machines and platforms with some machine-specific changes. This feature makes it portable, or as we call it, machine-independent.
- Fast: More contemporary languages like java, python offer more highlights than c because of extra processing and modern advancements in these languages, their exhibition rate gets down adequately. C, being a middle-level language, furnishes developers access to coordinate control with the PC equipment; however higher level languages don’t permit this. That is one reason C language is considered as the initial decision to begin getting the hang of programming languages. It’s quick because statically composed words are faster than powerfully written words.
- Rich Library: It is a differentiated language with a vibrant arrangement of implicit libraries that are utilized used in writing complicated C programs. Powerful libraries and capacities in C help even a tenderfoot coder to code quickly.
- Syntax-Based: C is a tight-syntax based language. A language gets the title of a strong-syntax speech when it strictly follows the rules of syntax, and that is the case with C. The words that do not follow the syntax strictly are called a loose-syntax based language.
- Case Sensitive: In C programming, ‘jump and JUMP’ both are unique. It is additionally a principle highlight of C Language. If any language treats lower case letters and capitalized letters independently than they can be called case sensitive programming language.
- Compiler Based: C is a compiler-based programming language that implies that no C program can be executed without compilation. First, we need a compiler to accumulate our program and afterward run it.
- Structure Oriented: C is an organized or structured programming language as we can break the program into parts utilizing functions. In this way, it is easy to comprehend and alter. Capacities likewise give code reusability.
- Middle Level: Even though C is expected to do low-level programming, it is utilized to create framework applications like kernels and other complex apps. It likewise underpins the highlights of a higher-level language. That is the reason it is known as mid-level language.
- Uses Pointers: Pointers is a variable that holds the location of another variable, the pointer has direct access to the memory address of any variable, and because of this, the utility and performance of the app are improved. C efficiently uses pointers.
You might be also interested in: