Python is one of the most popular languages of in 2019 and 2020 also. Python is a high level interpreted language which follows the concept of Object Oriented Programming. The main reason for Python being popular is its use on the large scale. If you go with the comparison of Python with other languages, you will definitely come to know that it is the simplest language among all. The simple syntax of the Python makes it famous among the community of coders. It supports lots of libraries and frameworks for the developer to develop something new easily and faster.
What are Web Frameworks?
There are lots of definitions available on the internet that what is framework but most of those are confusing and have jargon of technical terms, which could be difficult for a beginner to understand that what actually a Framework is. In simple term web frameworks are defined as a collection of libraries (predefined code) and API (Application Program Interfaces) which calls your code and perform the task. Frameworks are used to create code and web Applications.
Python also supports many Frameworks. All the Python Frameworks are not hyped yet but as per the Python’s popularity in current years, we can be sure that in the upcoming years’ python frameworks will trend. Most of the developers are using python frameworks for their Projects. The article will help you to understand more about the Python Frameworks, their features and how they work. If you are thinking about which framework you should learn or which framework you should choose to develop your project, there are some pros and cons of every framework. You should be familiar with those before choosing the right framework. For a project, you should know the size and complexity of your Project and according to it, you should choose the right framework that suits your need.
People Also Read: Best way to learn python
Types of Python Web Frameworks
- Full Stack Python Web Frameworks
Full Stack Web Framework is a framework that supports the development of front end interface, back-end services and databases.
- Non-Full Stack Python Web frameworks
In the Non-Full Stack frameworks, the developer does not find many axillaries features like Full Stack Frameworks. They often work on the code by developers. Here are the classification of popular Python Frameworks and their features below:
The most popular framework of Python is Django. Django is a web Application Framework built with in Python. It is a full stack-framework. Django helps to create a dynamic web application using python. Some of the main features of the Django frameworks are User Authentication, Tinplating Language, Routing and many more. Django was first released in July 2005 from then it is an Open source and anyone can use this for free. Django got its name after the Jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt. Django Follow a Principle of DRY its means that “Don’t Repeat Yourself”. The Principle states that keep your code simple and don’t repeat the same code again and again.
Advantages of Django
- ORN (Object-Relation Mapper)
- Tight Integration Between Component
- Automatic Admin Interface
- Multi-Lingual support
Pyramid is a web framework which is written in the Python Language. Pyramid is a part of the Pylon Project. It is one of the most flexible web frameworks of python. In pyramid developer can choose anything among DBMSs, URL structure, Template style and many more. By using Pyramid developer can create traditional routes-oriented RDBMS applications using SQLAlchemy.
Features of Pyramid
- Authentication Script
- View predicate
- Support for both imperative and declarative configurations.
- Built-in support for session storage
TurboGears is one of the most popular Python Web Frameworks. It is a Full Stack web framework developed by Kevin Dangoor and Mark Ramm. It is an open source platform which means anyone can download it freely and use it in their projects. By using TurboGears developer can create dynamic web application and can connect to the database easily and in a very faster way by using Webob, SQLAlchemy, Genshi and Repoze.
Features of TurboGears
- It supports Multi-Database.
- It provides MVC-Style Architecture.
- Easily access database because it supports SQL Object and SQlAlchemy
- Large Number of libraries
- Give support for web server.
- Front-Facing WSGI-based server
- Tosca widgets
People Also Read: Python Operators
Web2py is an open source framework, so everyone is free to download and use it. It was created by a community of professionals and university professors of Computer Science Department. The first web2py was released on 2007. It runs on Windows, Mac, UNIX/Linux, Google app engine, Amazon EC2, and almost any web hosting via python.
- Easy to run
- No installation requires
- It speaks multiple Protocols such as HTML/XML, RSS/ATOM, RTF, PDF, JSON, AJAX, XML-RPC, CSV, REST, WIKI, Flash/AMF, and Linked Data (RDF).
- It supports SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, FireBird, Sybase, Oracle, IBM DB2, Informix, Ingres, MongoDB, and Google App Engine.
- Data security
- Error tracing
Cubicweb was released in October 2008. It is a free framework written in Python. The developer can use Cubicweb and create dynamic web applications.
- It supports OWL and RDF.
- Provides Multi sources like RQL, SQL, LDAP, Subversion and Mercurial
- Ease data query with Relationship Query Language(RQL)
Flask is a micro web Framework. It is developed by Armin Ronacher. The microframework Flask is based on the Pocoo projects i.e. Werkzeug and Jinja2.
Flask a Features
- It has a development server and debugger.
- Integrated support for unit testing
- Uses jinja templating
- Extensive documentation
- Google App engine compatibility
With the help of CherryPy framework, developers can build web applications in the same manner as they build in other object-oriented python programs. It is an open source web framework so every python developer can develop the application using it. The CheerPy is written on Python. It is very fast as compare to other Python framework. It is distributed under a BSD license.
- A reliable, HTTP/1.1-compliant, WSGI thread-pooled web server.
- Can run multiple HTTP servers at once.
- It has a powerful configuration system.
- Flexible plugin system
- Encoding tools
- Sessions authentication build in tools
- It supports Build in profiling, coverage, and testing.
Bottle is a micro framework written on python. It was developed by Marcel Hellkemp and he has a copyright of Bottle framework. If you are going to build small web application then Bottle framework is perfect to you. Due to its lightweight it is very easy to use.
- Convenient access to form data, file Upload, cookies, headers and other HTTP-relates metadata.
- It has a built-in HTTP development server.
- It supports paste, fapws3, Bjoern, gae, cherrypy or any other WSGI capable HTTP server.
Sanic is an open source Python Framework. It is like a flask framework and it works on python’s 3.5+ versions. As compare to Flask performance, Sanic is quite fast. It has a quick HTTP response with the help of asynchronous request handlers.
Tornado is an Open source web framework. It was developed at FriendFreed. It is an asynchronous networking library. One of the features of Torando is that it uses non-blocking HTTP network I/O. It can handle more than 1000 connections at a single time.
- Inbuilt authentication
- Non-Blocking HTTP
- High performance
- Third-party authentication and authorization schemes (Google OpenID/OAuth, Facebook Login, Yahoo BBAuth, FriendFeed OpenID/OAuth, Twitter OAuth)
You may be also interested in: