Here in this article, we have provided a python source code that can find the sum of the first n natural numbers using recursion technique.
Prerequisite Python Program to Find Sum of Natural Numbers Using Recursion
- Python Input, Output
- Python User-Defined Function
- Python Recursion
- Python if…else statements
- First, ask the user to enter a number.
- create a function in which, with each recursion, we decrease the number value by one.
- And add the decremented number with the actual number itself.
Python Program to Find Sum of Natural Numbers Using Recursion
def first_sum(n): if n <= 1: return n else: #recursion return n + first_sum(n-1) num = int(input("Enter the Number: ")) if num > 0: print("The sum of first", num, "is ",first_sum(num)) else: print("Please Enter a valid number")
Enter the Number: 18 The sum of first 18 is 171
Enter the Number: 4 The sum of first 4 is 10
People are also reading:
- WAP in C++ & Python to calculate the size of each data types
- WAP in C++ & Python to reverse a number
- Perfect Number in C
- WAP in C++ and python to convert temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius and vice-versa
- Binary Search in C
- Python Examples
- WAP in C++ and python to find the root of quadratic equation
- How to Check if a Python String Contains Another String?
- Python Program to Convert Kilometers to Miles