Here in this Python tutorial, you will learn how to merge mails using Python. Here we have provided a python logical source code that can merge emails into one.
Prerequisite Python Program to Merge Mails
What is Mail Merging?
When we want to send the same mail body or content to various people, so rather than writing multiple similar bodies or content for the different people, we just simply change the person's name or his address.
Mail merge is a process in which instead of writing separate emails we list all the names we have and merge them to the main mail body.
- Open the file which has all the names.
- Inside it opens the file which has the content of the email.
- Copy the mail content in a variable.
- Now create a for loop which iterates through the names, and inside the for loop write a statement that creates a new mail file for each person.
Python Program to Merge Mails
with open("names_file.txt",'r') as names: with open("content.txt",'r') as mail: # open the mail content file #mail content content = mail.read() for name in names: # loop over the names new_mail = "Hi"+name+content # this will create a mail file for each individual name with open(name.strip()+".txt",'w') as individual_mail: individual_mail.write(new_mail) #write a new mail for individual
Behind the Code:
Here first we open the file
which contains all the names, then we open the file
which contains the mail body or message. Then using the statement
content = mail.read()
we copy the mail message into a variable
Then we loop through the
and with each iteration of names we create a
which contain the mail body and person name, and inside the loop itself we create a file
by user name.
Here in this Python tutorial, you learned how to merge mails using Python. In the above program, we use two text files, the first file contains the name and address of all the users and the second contains the message. And using the python file handling we create different message text files for every user with the same message.
People are also reading:
- Python Program to Count the Number of Each Vowel
- WAP to swap two numbers
- Python Program to Find the Sum of Natural Numbers
- WAP to calculate the area of a circle and accepts radius from the user
- WAP to display a message on screen
- Python Examples
- WAP to print the 1 to 10 Multiples of a Number
- C Program to Design Love Calculator
- Rectangle & Pyramids Pattern in C++
- How to Find Square Root in Python?