HTML courses are an efficient way to build websites and apps using HTML and CSS. These two are the essential coding languages for web designing and development. While HTML or HyperText Markup Language defines the structure and components of a website, the CSS or Cascading Style Sheets manipulate the style and appearance of the HTML elements.
If you are planning to learn HTML, this article will be of great help to you. You will get a quick introduction to HTML and then we will list down the best HTML courses that will help you learn and master HTML.
So, let’s not waste any more time and get started!
What is HTML?
HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language, a markup language for creating web pages and web apps. “Text within Text” is what hypertext is all about. In other words, hypertext is a text that has a link. Users click on hypertext to get redirected to a new webpage. Hypertext is a method of connecting two or more web pages (HTML documents).
A markup language is a computer language utilized to apply formatting and layout principles to a document. The markup language enhances the interactivity and dynamic nature of the content. It can convert text into graphics, tables, and links, among other things. Therefore, in simple words, it can be said that HTML is a markup language that defines the structure of the content. Have a look at key highlights of HTML:
- HTML is the abbreviation for HyperText Markup Language.
- It is a markup language that is used to create web pages.
- HTML describes the structure of a web page.
- HTML is made up of several different elements.
- HTML elements specify how the content should be displayed in the browser. For example, “this is a heading,” “this is a paragraph,” “this is a link,” and so on.
Best HTML Courses
Taught by a professor from John Hopkins University, this is a top-rated HTML course for beginners on Coursera. The lecturer has extensive experience with all the phases of the software development lifecycle and has a solid understanding of HTML.
This certification course for HTML will help you understand how to implement modern web pages using HTML and CSS, order and rearrange code pages, and automatically resize them.
- You’ll learn how to code websites that don’t require pinch or zoom.
- To register for this course, you do not need to know any programming languages as a prerequisite.
- You’ll be able to finish the course in as little as five weeks if you devote two hours each day.
- You will get support from an experienced educator from Johns Hopkins University faculty.
This HTML5 course teaches you how to create responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS. Also, it will help you to learn everything about web design, professional website development, writing code efficiently for large projects, and more.
Jonas Schmedtmann, a highly experienced web developer, designer, and teacher, will lead this course. The professor holds a Master’s degree in Engineering and is among the top Udemy instructors.
This course will provide you with the most up-to-date information by providing on-demand videos, articles, and other resources related to HTML.
- You’ll learn how to plan and code large-scale projects.
- The course will highlight methods for creating a quality website from the ground up.
- Learn how to use jQuery to create effects like sticky navigation, animations, and scroll effects.
- You will get a free eBook that contains the content of the course.
- Full access to 11.5 hours of on-demand videos, seven supplement sources, and eleven articles that will vastly improve your knowledge and skills.
Zero to Mastery HTML course is a 26-hour long course that demands students to commit 3 hours each day for studying, practicing codes, and using various web development techniques. This course will bridge the gap that can be seen in other online courses that do not provide comprehensive learning.
- You’ll have access to 26 hours of on-demand video, 64 additional resources, and 75 articles related to the course topic.
- It ensures in-depth explanation and comprehensive coverage of every facet of HTML.
- Video tutorials help you lay a solid basis for your career as a web developer.
- There are sessions on backend essentials like NPM, NPM Scripts, and Git.
This course is available on Coursera and teaches the fundamentals of HTML and web development. Its goal is to teach students how to build attractive and responsive websites.
- It facilitates peer-to-peer education.
- Know how to utilize Document Object Model (DOM) for modifying webpages
- Develop responsive designs for enabling websites to be viewed on different screen sizes
- The course is backed by the University of Michigan.
- Students are given capstone assignments to help them strengthen their knowledge and HTML skills.
This course for real-world HTML and CSS development is extremely reliable if you’re looking to have in-depth knowledge about web development. It is the best HTML course for beginners. It enables learners to have complete control of web development projects by teaching them the nuts and bolts of web development.
Web Design for Beginners: Real World Coding in HTML & CSS requires no prior knowledge or expertise and takes learners from the beginning to advanced concepts. After successfully completing the course, individuals would be able to build websites that look amazing on phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- It gives you access to 9 hours of on-demand video lectures.
- It doesn’t require you to have any prior knowledge of programming.
- The lecturer explains everything in an easy-to-understand manner.
- This course will help you learn HTML from the ground up.
- You’ll learn how to use text, photos, and links to create an engaging and appealing web page.
- Learn how to use CSS IDs and classes in a variety of ways.
- Learn how to use functions like Alert, onClick, and OnChange, as well as input tools like picture canvas.
- This is a great course for those who are new to web development.
- Reading materials, articles, and video links are offered with the course to help learners get complete instructions in all ways possible.
Fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and Frameworks is a free lesson offered by LinkedIn (Formally Lynda) for individuals who want to enhance their web development skills. The course gives free access to video tutorials, course material, and articles.
However, if you require additional support or tutoring, you need to pay a certain fee. This way, you’ll be able to study and practice HTML.
- Offers various course material and articles.
- The entire course is available for free.
- Additional assistance is available at a low cost.
The attendees will receive hands-on training and knowledge. The lecturer has the potential to make the topic comprehensible to the audience. It’s a 21-hour course that’s been taken by over 481,663 learners so far.
- The implementation of server code will be covered.
- Offers 21 hours of video lectures, 14 supplement sources, and five articles to help you learn.
Further, you’ll learn how to write the finest HTML5 markup along with learning how to integrate the Bootstrap framework, which will drastically save development time and enables you to create some pretty cool features to your website.
- You’ll be able to build a modern responsive website that works on both large and small displays.
- The course will help you learn essential concepts of HTML, Bootstrap, and jQuery.
- Comes with 13 hours of on-demand video, 24 supplement sources, and six articles.
- Practical sessions and the lecturer’s way of teaching will aid in quickly learning web development.
Available on Coursera, this highly efficient basic HTML course is backed by the University of London. Individuals will be able to learn complete responsive website development and design specialization. Dr. Matthew Yee-King, Dr. Marco, and Dr. Kate Devlin will be the instructors for the course. They are highly qualified and experienced educators who have collectively taught thousands of students globally.
- Assignments and quizzes will help in speeding up the learning process.
Customizable and effective web development in today’s world is not possible without knowing HTML. Therefore, to have an excellent career as a web developer, one should be well-versed in this language. The best part is that an individual doesn’t need a fancy college degree to learn and get a job in the same and instead, one can get detailed knowledge with certificates through online courses.
The courses listed above are the best HTML courses to assist you to obtain the knowledge and skills required to master HTML and other essential languages for web development. These courses are available online, and you can access them at any time.
People are also reading: