The following are the essential features of jQuery.
- DOM manipulation
- Effects and Animations
- DOM element selection
- HTML manipulation
- CSS manipulation
- HTML event methods
- Extensibility through plug-ins
- JSON Parsing
Requirement of jQuery
- It is rapid and noticeable.
- It enables users to write compatible UI codes in at least two lines.
- It improves the performance of the application.
- Fit web applications for the browser can be created.
- It uses new features for every new browser.
As useful as jQuery is to simplify individual functions, it can be extended out even more efficiently in the form of plugins or collections of JS code from the jQuery library that combines together those individual functions then create a robust website features or tools. As we know that plugins are created through jQuery users based on the code in a jQuery library. It can be shared publicly online. Plugins can be detected in many places, those detected on the official jQuery UI (User Interface) repository can be considered quality work since they are curated by the professional community of jQuery. For providing a closer look at what else jQuery can be used for, here are 10 jQuery plugins available from the jQuery site.
The effect is a simple jQuery plugin that allows you to assign several animation effects to an element on the web page. By pressing the assigned button with the needed effect selected will result in the page element for behaving in different ways: bounce, disappear in a folding pattern, or slide.
2. INFINITE AJAX SCROLL
This plugin jazzes up the standard header menus by animating each menu panel as a user scrolls past it with their mouse. As the mouse drags over, the individual's menu elements animate and pops out from its peers ade-out, etc.
The plugin uses jQuery code for animating web page elements based on the positioning of the scroll bar of the user. Users can result in animation for happening as the page scroll or users can synchronize animation through the scroll position.
7. FINE UPLOADER
8. blueimp GALLERY
blueimp Gallery is a responsive (meaning it adjusts to display on desktop and mobile screens) image gallery that can be controlled by a desktop keyboard and mouse or by swiping on a phone or tablet. This plugin can be set to display either images or videos in a carousel format, and can also display images in a lightbox mode.
Slick is another responsive image carousel plugin with different display options than the blueimp Gallery above. Slick allows for things like singular or multiple display formats, variable width displays, "lazy loading" (where the next image on the carousel fades into view as you scroll rather than displaying statically), and a single image fade in/out display option.
The benefits of jQuery
- Write less, do more: jQuery offers a rich set of features that increase the productivity of developers by writing less and more readable code.
- Excellent API documentation: jQuery provides excellent online API documentation.
- Browser Support: jQuery provides excellent browser support without writing any other code.
- Unobtrusive: jQuery does not seem to allow separation of concerns by separating HTML and jQuery code.
Leave a Comment on this Post