These days designers and developers use frameworks to create Responsive Web Pages. Instead of writing code from scratch, it would be a great idea to use a framework. And there are many open-source free-to-use Frameworks present on the internet, which can make your web-page more interactive and mobile-friendly.
Frameworks provide you prewritten code that you just need to copy and paste in your documentation, and if you want to make some changes in the code, you can do that too. Mostly all the CSS frameworks provide you with a basic web page layouts with a defined number of grids, buttons, tooltips, icons, and other Interactive UI patterns.
Reasons to Use a Framework
There is always a question amongst front-end designers who have just started learning HTML and CSS, “Why use a framework? if we can code a responsive web page only using CSS and HTML”. Here are some reasons for using a framework.
- With the help of a framework, we can build a web-page faster. If you are well acquainted with a framework, then it can save a lot of time. You do not have to write code for a tool-tip, a button, or grids, you can simply use the framework pre-written code in your document.
- With a framework, you can design a layout within minutes.
- All the CSS frameworks are mobile-friendly. With a framework, you do not have to worry about writing different media queries for different devices.
Popular CSS Frameworks
Here is the list of top 5 CSS frameworks
- Semantic UI
Bootstrap is the most popular CSS framework, and the current version of bootstrap is Bootstrap4, which was released in 2018. it comes with many significant features such as modifiers, containers, classes, jumbotron, color schema, etc.
With bootstrpa4, you can create Responsive Web-pages that look good on every device. Even using bootstrap is also very easy, it comes with an in-depth defined documentation which will lead you through a step by step tutorial.
Foundation is the second most popular framework of CSS. It is also used along with bootstrap. And many big companies such as e-bay, Facebook, Mozilla, Adobe, HP, and Disney use the Foundation framework for their web-pages.
Like bootstrap, you can build flexible and advanced responsive pages using this framework that will look good on every device.
Pure is a light weighted CSS framework that was created in 2014 by Yahoo. It is built on the top of Normalize.css, and using this framework, you can build a responsive web page with the help of grids and flexboxes.
Using bootstrap and foundation, you can also build static or fixed web-pages, but with Pure, you can create Responsive web-pages.
- Frameworks provide pre-written code for essential components such as grid, buttons, tooltip, icons, etc.
- Mostly all the frameworks can build responsive web-pages.
People are also reading: