Here we have provided a python source code that asks the user to enter 2 numbers and in Output, it prints the LCM.
Prerequisite topics to create this Program
- Python Input, Output
- Python Data types
- Python User-defined Functions
- Python Loop
LCM: LCM stands for Least Common Multiple, and the LCM of two numbers represents the least positive number which is the multiple of both the numbers.
for example, two numbers are 3 and 6 so 6 would be their LCM because 6 is the multiple of both 3 and 6.
- Create a user-defined function calculate_lcm which accepts two values as arguments.
- Using the comparison operator, we will find the largest number between the two.
- Using the while loop we will loop till the condition (largest%num1==0 and largest%num2==0) become true.
Python Program to Find LCM
def calculate_lcm(a, b): if a > b: largest = a else: largest = b while(True): if((largest % a == 0) and (largest % b == 0)): lcm = largest break largest += 1 return lcm num1 = int(input("Enter the First Number: ")) num2 = int(input("Enter the Second Number: ")) print("The L.C.M. of",num1,"and",num2,"is:", calculate_lcm(num1, num2))
Enter the First Number: 12 Enter the Second Number: 16 The L.C.M. of 12 and 16 is: 48
Enter the First Number: 1 Enter the Second Number: 4 The L.C.M. of 1 and 4 is: 4
People are also reading:
- Python Program to find Hash of File
- WAP to print the truth table for XY+Z
- Python Program to Merge Mails
- WAP to Print the Following Triangle
- Python Program to Sort Words in Alphabetic Order
- WAP to print given series:1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128
- Python Program to Find Factorial of Number Using Recursion
- Python Program to Display Fibonacci Sequence Using Recursion
- WAP to calculate area of a circle, a rectangle or a triangle
- How to Find Square Root in Python?