Here in this article, we have provided a python source code that asks the user to enter a string, and in the output, it sorts the string words in the alphabetic order.
Prerequisite topics to create this program.
- Python Loop
- Python Strings
- Python String Methods
In python, we have many in-built string methods which can be used to perform string manipulation.
- Ask the user to enter a string.
- Use the split() method, which will convert the entered string into a list of words.
- use the sort() method on the word list.
- using the for loop print all the list sorted words.
Python Program to Sort Words in Alphabetic Order
string = input("Enter the String: ").lower() #split() method will create a list of string words. word_list = string.split() #use sort() method to sort the list element in lexographical order. word_list.sort() print(" -----------Sorted words of String are:--------------") for i in word_list: print(i)
Enter the String: hello!! welcome to techgeekbuzz -----------Sorted words of String are:-------------- hello!! techgeekbuzz to welcome
-----------Sorted words of String are:-------------- an example is of sorting this word
People are also reading:
- Python Program to Find the Sum of Natural Numbers
- Python Program to Display Fibonacci Sequence Using Recursion
- WAP to print the truth table for XY+Z
- Python Program To Display Powers of 2 Using Anonymous Function
- Python Program to Display Calendar
- WAP to find the greatest number among the three numbers
- Python Program to Print Hello world!
- WAP in C++ and Python to calculate 3X3 Matrix multiplication
- Python Examples
- WAP to Find the Sum of Series 1+x+x^2+……+x^n