Big data has become essential for organizations that want to gain important insights into their business and stay ahead of the competition. Nowadays, every business is getting online. As a result, every business is currently accumulating mountains of data and has no idea what to do with it. Thus, they require experts who can decipher this information and make sense of it all, and they are none other than Big Data Developers.
Organizations have established precise criteria to evaluate your skill set, and certifications have become obligatory to measure your expertise. Big Data Developers, Administrators, Analysts, and Software Architects make some of the highest-paying jobs in the industry.
However, you must have the appropriate certifications to demonstrate your abilities and get high salary packages. When it comes to processing large amounts of data, one particular software framework that is high in demand is Apache Hadoop.
So, if you are willing to become a Big Data Developer, learning Hadoop could help you land jobs at some of the biggest firms. This blog contains some of the most sought-after Hadoop certifications that will help you become a professional Big Data Developer. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
What is Hadoop?
Apache Hadoop is an open-source platform for storing and processing huge datasets with sizes ranging from gigabytes to petabytes. It allows clustering of several computers to analyze big datasets in parallel, rather than requiring a single large computer to store and analyze the data. Hadoop is made up of four major modules:
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS): It is a distributed file system that can run on low-end or ordinary hardware. HDFS outperforms traditional file systems in terms of data performance, fault tolerance, and native support for huge datasets.
- Yet Another Resource Negotiator (YARN): Manages and tracks the use of cluster nodes and resources. It keeps track of jobs and tasks.
- MapReduce: A framework that aids applications with parallel data computing. The map task translates input data into a collection that can be calculated in key-value pairs. Reduce tasks consume the output of the map task in order to aggregate it and produce the required result.
- Hadoop Common: Provides a set of shared Java libraries that can be utilized by all modules.
10 Best Hadoop Certifications
1. Big Data Certification Course
Do you need to know what big data is and how it will affect companies? If yes, this specialization course is for you. This Hadoop certification helps you to get familiar with various tools and systems used by big data scientists and engineers.
Also, it is not necessary to have any prior programming experience to enroll in this certification program. Noticeably, you'll learn the fundamentals of Hadoop, including MapReduce, Spark, Pig, and Hive. The course helps you understand how to execute predictive modeling and use graph analytics to model problems by playing with the provided code.
It will teach you the proper way to raise questions regarding data, communicate successfully with data scientists, and perform basic dataset exploration. You'll do fundamental big data analysis in the final Capstone Project, which was created in collaboration with data software company Splunk.
- The course will walk you through the ins and outs of all of the key ideas of Hadoop.
- It will help you learn how big data is examined and interpreted so that it becomes possible to make better business decisions.
- Cover a variety of fascinating topics, including machine learning and big data.
- You will finish the course with a project that allows you to put what you've learned into practice.
2. IBM Data Science Professional Certificate (Coursera)
This is a wonderful Hadoop certification if you've decided to pursue a career in data science . This certification is made up of a series of nine courses that will help you learn the abilities you'll need to work on industry projects.
Data visualization, analysis, libraries, and open-source tools are among the subjects covered in the courses. By the end of the course, you will have completed a variety of assignments and projects that will help you become a professional data scientist.
- The course is well-designed, and all of the topics are thoroughly covered.
- With the use of examples, the instructor helps you attain the key skills.
- There are several opportunities to test your skills.
- All topics are handled from the ground up, so no prior programming experience is required.
- Every lesson comes with exams and projects along with suggestions and strategies to help you absorb the information deeply.
3. The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop: Tame your Big Data!
This course will teach you how to use the most widely used big data technology - Hadoop. You would be able to understand the dynamics of Hadoop and related technologies to develop distributed systems that manage huge data. In addition, this course explains the usage of HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB to analyze non-relational data, and lets you know how to manage clusters using various technologies.
You will finish this Hadoop certification with a thorough understanding of Hadoop and its related distributed systems, and learn how to apply Hadoop to real-world situations. Also, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Explains the management of Hadoop through YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, etc.
- Helps you create distributed systems that use Hadoop and related technologies for managing "big data."
- You will learn to create scripts using Pig and Spark for processing data on a Hadoop cluster.
- Use Kafka, Flume, Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm for handling real-time streaming data.
4. Hadoop Certification – Become a Certified Big Data Hadoop Professional
This Hadoop certification will help you become a certified Big Data practitioner by giving you extensive hands-on experience with HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, Oozie, and Sqoop.
This course is a stepping stone for becoming a big data expert. You will have the opportunity to work on several big data and Hadoop projects using various data sets, including social media, customer complaints, airlines, movies, loan datasets, and more.
After the project is completed, you will receive Edureka Hadoop certification, which will enhance the value of your resume. You can easily pass Cloudera or Hortonworks Hadoop certification using Edureka certification training and its associated de facto curriculum.
- Learn how to use HDFS and the MapReduce framework.
- You will become familiar with the latest Hadoop architecture.
- Guide you to set up a Hadoop cluster and develop complex MapReduce programs.
- Learn how to use Sqoop and Flume to load data along with using Pig, Hive, and YARN for data analytics.
- Helps you become familiar with the implementation of HBase and MapReduce.
- Learn about Spark and its ecosystem, as well as how to use RDD in Spark.
- You will work on a real-world Big Data Analytics project.
5. Big Data Essentials: HDFS, MapReduce, and Spark RDD
Hadoop is an important tool for analyzing big data and storing them in servers while processing big data. This course will introduce you to Hadoop, its fundamental file system, processing engine, MapReduce, and various big data libraries and programming tools.
Lynn Langit, a Hadoop developer and big data consultant is the instructor for this course. The course explains everything from setting up the Hadoop development environment, executing and optimizing MapReduce processes, writing basic queries in Hive and Pig, to creating workflows and scheduling jobs.
You will get familiar with ins and outs of Apache Spark libraries that may be used with a Hadoop cluster/ Also, you will know how to conduct machine learning jobs on a Hadoop cluster.
- Learn about the fundamental technologies of today's Big Data ecosystem, including HDFS, MapReduce, and Spark.
- You will understand distributed file systems, why they exist, and what role they provide by being guided through their internals and applications.
- Learn how to use the MapReduce framework, which is the backbone of many modern Big Data applications.
- Using Hadoop to parse texts and solve hypothetical business problems.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental concepts of Spark, the next-generation computing framework.
- Learn how to use Hadoop and other related tools to create solutions in banking, telecommunications, and various other sectors.
6. Big Data Hadoop Certification Training Course
This is yet another Hadoop certification for beginners who want to learn the fundamentals of Hadoop for wrangling and analyzing big data. You will have the freedom to learn Hadoop and Spark frameworks with examples.
In addition, you will get exposure to the Hadoop architecture and software stack, and its execution environment's unique components and basic activities. You will learn how data scientists use crucial concepts and techniques such as Map-Reduce to tackle fundamental challenges in large data. Eventually, you'll be able to engage in discussions concerning big data and the data analysis process.
- Helps you understand Yarn, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, and Apache Spark.
- Lifetime access to high-quality self-paced eLearning content vetted by industry professionals.
- 5 hands-on projects to help you master your new skills.
- 2 self-assessment simulation test papers for honing your abilities
- 4 labs for live training.
- 24*7 support from the experts.
7. Big Data and Hadoop for Beginners — with Hands-on!
This Hadoop certification is ideal for beginners who wish to learn everything important about Hadoop. Andalib Ansari is the instructor and he will teach you how to analyze large data sets using Hadoop's complicated architecture and numerous components such as MapReduce, YARN, Hive, and Pig.
You will not only learn Hadoop but also get a fair idea about how to install it on your PC and develop codes to handle large amounts of data. The course also covers advanced concepts like constructing your own data pipeline using Pig and Hive.
- You will get familiar with various technological developments, compensation patterns, the Big Data market, and various Big Data roles.
- Highlights DeRunning HDFS commands, Hive queries, and Pig queries.
- Offers well-explained data sets and script examples (HDFS commands, Hive sample queries, Pig sample queries, Data Pipeline sample queries).
- Learn to create your own Hive and Pig code to process massive amounts of data.
- Cover data lake which is a modern data architecture that you should be familiar with.
- Enables you to experiment with large data sets.
8. Learn Big Data: The Hadoop Ecosystem Masterclass
Ranked among the best Hadoop certifications, this certification program allows you to learn how to use the Hadoop Ecosystem to deal with Big Data. Moreover, you'll learn how to utilize the most widely used Big Data tools, including batch and real-time processing.
This course will provide exposure to real-world problems and solutions with industry experts. It comes with almost 6 hours of video lectures along with articles and additional resources for helping students learn effectively. Moreover, free 24*7 assistance is offered to the students to help them whenever they have doubts.
- Learn batch processing to process large amounts of data.
- Learn about Hadoop Stack's technologies.
- You will develop the ability to install and configure the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP).
- Software Engineers, System Administrators, and DBAs who wish to learn about Big Data can opt for this course.
- Knowledge of any programming language can help you get the most out of this certification program.
9. Big Data and Hadoop Essentials
This well-known Hadoop certification course covers Hadoop conceptual architecture, how to utilize the application, and how to modify data without requiring complicated coding. This tutorial includes 43min of on-demand video which teaches you about Hadoop and its components, as well as Hadoop's distributed processing technique.
Hadoop Data Access, Writing MapReduce applications to analyze Big data, as well as how to use Apache Hive are efficiently explained in this course.
- With easy-to-understand examples, you'll have a better idea of the challenges related to Big Data.
- Learn Hadoop's origins and history.
- You will get introduced to Hadoop technology companies such as Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks, etc.
- Know the differences between data science and data engineering .
10. Hadoop Starter Kit
The goal of this Hadoop certification course is to guide learners through all of Hadoop's key components one by one. As a result, your learning will become simple and enjoyable. Signing up for this course also grants you free access to a multi-node Hadoop training cluster, allowing you to practice what you've learned in a real multi-node distributed system.
The course begins by explaining core Apache Hadoop concepts such as distributed computing and MapReduce and then proceeds to discuss Apache Hive in detail. Also, it includes several real-world challenges to show how Hive makes Big Data processes simpler to perform.
In a nutshell, it is one of the best certification programs for learning how to use the Hive query language to solve basic Big Data problems.
- Learn the big data issues in terms of storage and computing.
- Understand how Hadoop approaches Big Data problems.
- Recognize the necessity for a different file system, such as HDFS, and work with it.
- Learn about the MapReduce programming methodology and explore its various phases.
- With a thorough understanding of programming constructs, write a MapReduce application.
You need to keep up with market trends and choose the best Hadoop certification to pave the way for a successful career. You need to keep in mind that practical experience is more important than academic understanding.
Also, the capacity to be industry-ready from the beginning is the most critical requirement for success. The certifications listed above will help you gain a deep understanding of the Hadoop environment.
Moreover, adding a certification to your resume will open numerous job opportunities and come in handy for you to become a proficient Big Data developer.
People are also reading:
Leave a Comment on this Post