Here in this article, we have provided two different python source codes which can find the resolution of a jpeg image.
Prerequisite topics to create this program.
- Python Function
- Python File handling.
- Python PIL library
- Python user-defined function
- Python file I/O
Find the Size (Resolution) of a JPEG Image Without any External Library:
def image_resolution(filename): # open image in binary mode with open(filename,'rb') as img: # height of image (in 2 bytes) is at 164th position img.seek(163) # read the 2 bytes x = img.read(2) # calculate height height = (x << 8) +x # next 2 bytes is width x = img.read(2) # calculate width width = (x << 8) + x print("Width X Height: ", width,"X",height) image_resolution("image.jpg")
Width X Height: 57601 X 255
Find the Size (Resolution) of Image With PIL Library:
use pip install PIL command to install the PIL library:
from PIL import Image image = "Image.jpg" img = Image.open(image) width, height = img.size print("The image resolution is", width, "x", height)
The image resolution is 1333 x 1000
People are also reading:
- Python Program to Find Sum of Natural Numbers Using Recursion
- Python Program to Merge Mails
- WAP to find quotient and remainder of two numbers
- WAP to calculate sum and average of three numbers
- Python Program to Display Calendar
- Python Program to Find HCF or GCD
- How to Check if a Python String Contains Another String?
- WAP in C++ and python to find the root of quadratic equation
- C Program to Extract a Portion of String
- WAP in C++ and Python to calculate 3X3 Matrix multiplication