As the Google Cloud Platform is evolving and setting foot in every industry, GCP certifications are also becoming increasingly popular. Today, many businesses are looking for certified cloud computing specialists that can work seamlessly with GCP.
At present, the majority of corporate behemoths rely on cloud-based technologies for obvious reasons. Also, many businesses of all sizes are shifting to the cloud . As a result, the demand for certified cloud engineers is on the rise.
If you are looking to pursue a career in cloud computing and get a high-paying job, then obtaining a GCP certification can be a great choice. In this article, we will be talking about the best GCP certifications that not only expose you to essential cloud computing concepts but also help you become more noticeable to recruiters.
So, let’s start with a quick overview of the Google Cloud Platform.
What is GCP (Google Cloud Platform)?
Google Cloud Platform is a collection of Google's public cloud computing services. It offers a variety of Google-hosted services for computation, storage, and application development. Software engineers, cloud admins, and other IT experts can use Google Cloud Platform services via an open network or a dedicated network connection.
Google Cloud Platform Offerings
Google Cloud Platform offers cloud management and developer tools, along with services for computing, storage, networking, big data, machine learning, and the internet-of-things (IoT) . Google Cloud Platform's primary services include:
Google Compute Engine
It's an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solution that lets users host workloads on virtual machines.
Google App Engine
It is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering that gives software developers access to Google's scalable hosting. Developers can also use a software developer kit (SDK) to develop software products that run on App Engine.
Google Cloud Storage
It's a cloud storage platform for storing big amounts of unstructured data. Google additionally provides database storage solutions, such as Cloud Datastore for non-relational NoSQL storage, Cloud SQL for fully relational MySQL storage, and Google's native Cloud Bigtable databases.
Google Container Engine
It is a Docker container management and orchestration solution that operates on Google's public cloud. The Google Container Engine is based on Kubernetes . GCP provides services for app development and integration. Google Cloud Pub/Sub, for instance, is a real-time messaging service that lets apps exchange information.
10 Best GCP Certifications
Following are the 10 most popular GCP certifications that you should consider if you want to become a proficient Google cloud architect or engineer.
1. Data Engineering, Big Data, and Machine Learning on GCP Specialization
The amount of data produced each year is increasing at a fast pace. Organizations are in desperate need of people who can create systems that can handle and analyze vast amounts of data. The infrastructure for these systems is provided by Google Cloud.
This Google-designed certification course can help you to build a career in data engineering and makes it easy for you to become a Google-certified professional cloud architect. It gives you a hands-on introduction to using the Google Cloud Platform to design and develop data pipelines.
Additionally, you will learn how to design data processing systems, analyze data, and draw insights through a series of valuable lessons, demonstrations, and practical exercises led by Google Cloud practitioners.
- Learn how to handle large amounts of data for analytics and machine learning with GCP.
- Design and build data pipelines on Google Cloud Platforms.
- Use Cloud Dataproc to lift and transfer your existing Hadoop workloads to the cloud.
- Learn how to design new machine learning models from the ground up.
- Implement autoscaling data pipelines using Cloud Dataflow to handle batch and dataflow
- Data Fusion and Cloud Composer help you manage your data pipelines.
- Derive business insights from massive datasets using Google BigQuery.
- Learn how to utilize BigQuery ML to construct ML models and use pre-built ML APIs on unstructured data.
- Use QwikLabs to get hands-on exposure with data lakes and warehouses on the Google Cloud Platform.
2. Business Transformation with Google Cloud
Every day, organizations expand at an unimaginable rate, and this fantastic GCP certification will help individuals get the necessary skills to work in such a fast-paced environment. This GCP certification will give your business innovation ideas and transformation skills a significant boost. Individuals will also get exposed to secure, advanced, and innovative business models in this course.
- You will learn how to conduct research and identify disruptive business solutions.
- The examination will keep you updated with effective business growth methods using GCP.
- Individuals will be able to develop the ideal transformation challenge for their organization.
- Learners will be able to figure out ways to utilize cloud technologies for creating more value in day-to-day work and for the overall organization.
3. Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals
This course introduces learners to Google Cloud's big data capabilities. Students get an understanding of Google Cloud and a complete explanation of the data processing and machine learning capabilities through a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on experiments.
Apart from machine learning fundamentals, you'll be working on data analysis and dataset processing with TensorFlow. Also, you will be exposed to the environment and the essential protocols utilized in the GCP for data analysis.
- Learn in detail about data science and big data fundamentals.
- Become familiar with the Google Cloud Platform's big data capabilities.
- Learn to work with various communication protocols.
- Hands-on experience with Datalab and BigQuery for data analysis.
- Get to know TensorFlow, which is an open-source artificial intelligence library used for building machine learning models.
4. From Data to Insights with Google Cloud Specialization
This course from the Google Cloud Platform is a wonderful choice if you consider data analysis intriguing and are willing to process a large amount of data. Also, it covers various topics, including data analysis, schema management, performance optimization, data storage modeling, and graphical depiction of data using Google services.
In addition to lectures that deliver theoretical knowledge, you will be working on various projects to gain practical experience. This GCP certification will help you develop skills that are essential to work as a data-driven marketing solution specialist.
- This course is intended for data analysts, business analysts, and business intelligence experts.
- The course teaches you about GCP data tools, including BigQuery.
- Analysts, data scientists, and data engineers will work with you. You'll also learn about the work you can achieve with them collaboratively.
- You can enhance your ability to work with cloud computing services.
- You will learn to create a proper module, visualization, and insights to examine data efficiently.
5. Architecting with Google Cloud: Design and Process
The design of a website or web application is one of the key factors that determine its success. This excellent course is built on the most effective models, architectures, and techniques to help you enhance your web designing skills.
This course will teach you how to use active design models for Google Cloud Solutions and how they function on the platform. Also, you'll become familiar with user-centric and consistent UI, network, and security design paradigms using GCP services.
Main Highlights .
- Learn about logically created design patterns that work for a wider audience.
- Learn how to create security and networking systems.
- The course will help you develop data layer designing skills.
6. Networking in Google Cloud Platform Specialization
This Google Cloud Networking certification aims to give you a basic overview of the Google Cloud Platform's underlying infrastructure and networking options. It is an ideal certification for Network Engineers and Admins who are currently using or planning to use the Google Cloud Platform.
If you are interested in learning about cloud-based networking technologies, you need to consider this certification seriously. You will learn to implement GCP networking technologies such as Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks, subnets and firewalls, network connectivity, load balancing, and Cloud CDN.
- Learn about common network design techniques and automated deployment using Deployment Manager.
- Create, develop, and manage cloud networking solutions to achieve company goals.
- Learn how to set up Google Virtual Private Cloud networks, subnets, and routers.
- Know about restricting administrative access to VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) objects.
- Learn how to use the Google Cloud load balancer and proxy, as well as how to configure them.
- Because this is an intermediate-level course, you should have a basic understanding of the OSI 7-layer model and IPv4.
7. Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform Specialization
This GCP certification is for application developers who want to learn how to create cloud-native apps from the ground up or adapt existing apps to operate on the Google Cloud Platform. It will teach you how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly incorporate managed services from the Google Cloud Platform.
It is a hands-on Google cloud training that includes a series of lectures, demonstrations, and practical learning labs to help you learn various GCP concepts and services, such as compute engine, cloud storage, and dataflow. In addition, you will understand how to utilize GCP services with pre-trained machine learning APIs for developing secure, expandable, and smart cloud-native applications.
- Get familiar with the purpose and usefulness of GCP products and services.
- Know about the cloud-native app development industry standards.
- Learn to create microservices, which are loosely linked application components.
- Learn how to use Container Builder, Container Registry, and Deployment Manager to deploy apps.
- Use Firebase identification to implement federated access control.
- Learn how to select the best application runtime environment, leverage Google Kubernetes Engine as a runtime environment, and shift to a no-ops solution using Google App Engine's flexible environment.
8. Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer Certification
This GCP certification will assist you in developing a cloud-based solution for real-world issues. It is one of the most important yet incredibly convenient Google certifications for anyone interested in learning about cloud computing.
The course will help you develop all the necessary skills required to become a successful cloud engineer. It covers various GCP topics, such as managing Google cloud accounts and accessing and configuring Google storage accounts.
- You'll be able to create Google cloud accounts and set up task selection techniques based on roles.
- You'll be in charge of managing and configuring the entire cloud-based system, as well as putting the essential features into action in a practical manner. This includes APIs and practically all typical services.
- Learn how to handle cloud-based data storage, share strategies, and ensure high operational efficiency.
- Know the execution of core solutions, operations, and deployments.
- Understand Kubernetes engine.
9. Developing APIs with Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform Specialization
Apigee is an API gateway management platform that makes it simple to create and deploy modern, developer-friendly applications. Through this Coursera Apigee specialization, you will learn how to create APIs using Google Cloud's Apigee API platform. Also, it will introduce you to Google Apigee's numerous unique capabilities and how you can use them efficiently.
This course is a mix of video lectures, demonstrations, hands-on labs, and supplemental learning material. The ability to use GCP and construct the first set of APIs from scratch while the teacher leads them through a real-world scenario is a crucial feature of this Apigee course.
- Learn how to use Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform to design, develop, and secure APIs.
- Examine the Apigee Technology Stack to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of all platform components.
- Learn how to use Apigee Edge to design your own OpenAPI standards.
- Understand the development and execution of APIs according to industry best practices.
- Learn about API security at a high level and why it's crucial.
- Learn how to connect your existing API proxies to OAuth and grants.
- Obtain hands-on experience through laboratories.
10. GCP: Complete Google Data Engineer and Cloud Architect Guide
GCP is one of the industry's fastest-growing cloud platforms, and this Udemy course is a comprehensive guide to the Google Cloud Platform. It is one of the best online courses for learning the fundamentals of Google Cloud and its big data and machine learning technologies.
The goal of this course is to provide a comprehensive overview of GCP. This course presents the main principles and then shows you how to start being productive, starting with the core building elements like as compute, storage, and networking and progressing to advanced services. Also, it can help you prepare for Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer and Cloud Architect certification exams.
- Learn various big data technologies, such as BigTable, Dataflow, Apache Beam, and Pub/Sub.
- Make use of TensorFlow to create deep learning models in the cloud.
- Create managed Hadoop apps that can be deployed on the Google Cloud.
- Make educated choices about containers, virtual machines, and AppEngine.
- Pass the certification exam for Google Cloud Engineer and enhance your portfolio.
With its user-friendly and open-source solutions and wide presence in the corporate world, Google Cloud Platform holds a special place in the corporate world. Thus, obtaining certification for GCP will benefit you a lot in the future because future computing appears to be cloud-based, and Google will undoubtedly have a large role in the same.
As the importance of cloud-based solutions grows, so will the importance of GCP certifications. Take your time to figure out which GCP certification among the ones listed above is best for you as per your needs.
Best of luck!
People are also reading:
Leave a Comment on this Post