As of February 2021, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the most extensively used cloud computing service provider, accounting for a 31% share in the market. Also, AWS certifications is widely valued among individuals who want to work in the rapidly expanding sector of cloud computing. Candidates can develop and improve their skills to work in Cloud through Amazon Web Services (AWS) certifications.
Moreover, AWS certifications provide individuals with the opportunity to contribute to businesses that are rapidly shifting to cloud computing. The top AWS certifications are in high demand as they can help qualified cloud professionals to grab well-paying jobs. These certifications cover a wide range of topics and ensure that certificate holders have a thorough understanding of various cloud computing concepts as well as services.
In this article, we will let you know about the best AWS certifications available online. You can enroll in any of these certifications to learn AWS to become a certified cloud computing specialist. However, let us first take a quick look at what AWS is and how certification might help you build a promising career in cloud computing.
What is AWS ?
Amazon Web Services is a cloud computing platform that is dynamic, dependable, scalable, simple to use, and cost-effective. It offers infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service (SaaS).
AWS provides a diverse set of cloud-based products and services for various business needs. Storage, databases, analytics, networking, development tools, and enterprise applications are among the products available. Also, it follows the pay-as-you-go pricing model.
Why is AWS Certification Important?
Below are some good reasons for you to enroll in an AWS training and certification program:
1. Prepare for the Future
As per the recent findings , the data stored in cloud data centers will exceed 100 Zettabytes by 2025. AWS is the industry leader in cloud service providers. As a result, an AWS certification might assist you in preparing for future trends in cloud computing.
2. Develop Professional Expertise
AWS certifications necessitate a significant amount of study, practice, and dedication to mastering AWS technologies, and candidates have to keep up with the latest AWS developments. Therefore, they'll have to gain professional knowledge and expertise in order to obtain the certification.
3. Expand Professional Network
As previously said, AWS certification confers the credibility of certified professionals. Joining the AWS Certified Global Community is one of the most valuable AWS certification advantages that will help you expand your network and meet industry experts.
4 Levels of AWS certification
These are optional courses to take before obtaining the Associate level certifications. It helps you to build a solid foundation for beginning the AWS certification path.
These certifications demand additional expertise and knowledge as compared to the Foundational certifications. One should have a considerable amount of hands-on experience as well as some AWS problem-solving abilities to get an associate-level certification.
Even though you can start with the professional level certifications, it is advised that you first go with the associate level certifications to learn AWS basics effectively. Also, you must have a thorough understanding of the different aspects of running, optimizing, and debugging systems within AWS before taking this level of certification.
The Specialty level certifications focus on a single domain within AWS, such as "Security" or "Databases," and hence require in-depth technical skills and knowledge in that field. In terms of difficulty, these are equivalent to Professional certification.
11 Best AWS Certifications
1. AWS Fundamentals Specialization
Created by the Amazon Web Services team, this AWS certification is available on Coursera. It is suitable for IT professionals who are looking to build expertise in cloud computing and learn AWS's features, benefits, and capabilities. To teach about the entire AWS landscape, the certification utilizes presentations, hands-on exercise guides, demos, and learning assessments.
- It is one of the best online courses for learning AWS and cloud computing basics.
- Learn how to install and host a cloud-native application with AWS services.
- Discover the best methods for protecting AWS infrastructure and AWS-based apps.
- Learn everything there is to know about the AWS serverless framework and architecture.
- Get to know about the best migration options from on-premises to AWS.
2. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
This brand-new AWS SysOps Administrator Associate Training is packed with over 15 hours of detailed video lectures, hands-on labs, and a full-length practice test to prepare individuals for AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate certification exam (SOA-C02). You'll learn how to construct and build applications on Amazon Web Services using a combination of in-depth theory, architectural diagrams, and hands-on training, which will fully prepare you for the AWS SysOps Certification test. The SysOps – The associate exam was updated by AWS to reflect the changes made to the AWS platform. The new exam contains lab questions and requires you to complete tasks in the AWS Management Console or AWS Command Line Interface.
- Discover everything you need to know about passing the AWS SysOps Administrator Associate test.
- Learn how to build apps on Amazon Web Services.
- On the Digital Cloud Training platform, take the practice test in Training Mode (instantly check your answers - no time limit).
- Get feedback from seniors on the discussion board.
- All of your inquiries, problems, and feedback are addressed by the AWS professionals associated with this course.
3. AWS Certified Developer – Associate
Before pursuing this associate certificate, newcomers should get an AWS Cloud Practitioner certification. If you have some hands-on experience creating cloud computing solutions with AWS, then this Associate certification could be an excellent place to start.
Individuals will be able to showcase their expertise with AWS services, architecture, and best practices through this AWS Certified Developer – Associate certificate. The certification can help you eventually land a high-paying job in your desired location.
- Industry professionals and teachers with years of expertise have developed this specialized AWS training course.
- Hands-on lectures, quizzes, exercises, and practice tests facilitate effective learning.
- All future changes to the course material will be available to you for the rest of your life.
- In the Q&A section, you'll have access to a responsive instructor.
- After completing the course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
4. Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning
This AWS Machine Learning course on Coursera is a wonderful starting point for anyone interested in learning useful ML abilities on the AWS platform. This course will help you learn how to get started with AWS Machine Learning and teaches the same ML concepts that Amazon uses to train engineers and data scientists. It consists of five modules that cover the following key topics:
- Machine Learning on AWS
- Computer Vision on AWS
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) on AWS
The course comes with expert advice on how to apply the concepts. Blaine Sundrud, Senior Technical Trainer at Amazon Web Services, is the instructor for this certification course.
- Learn the fundamental machine learning concepts that are used to create AI applications.
- Understand the usage of Amazon SageMaker's built-in algorithms to create, train, and deploy a machine learning model.
- Discover and learn about Amazon AI services like Amazon Comprehend, Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Translate, and others to create intelligent apps.
- Learn how to use AWS DeepLens and Glue and AWS Sagemaker to create text classification models.
5. Become an AWS Cloud Architect
The AWS Cloud Architect Nanodegree program offered on Udacity is designed to help experienced developers learn how to use Amazon's core service to build a highly available network with a fault-tolerant database.
With this certification, you will learn how to plan, develop, and execute safe cloud infrastructure on AWS at scale. Moreover, the program will guide you to monitor availability, test failure scenarios with recovery, and assess and harden the security risks in the cloud environment.
- Learn how to assess the security vulnerabilities of a cloud system.
- Know how to secure the AWS cloud environment using all the industry-leading best practices.
- Work on real-world projects that teach you how to plan, manage, migrate, and monitor infrastructures for up to a million users on Amazon Web Services.
- All projects are examined and feedback is given by the Udacity reviewer network in a timely manner.
6. Free online Amazon AWS courses
The online learning platform edX provides a fantastic opportunity to study AWS through various Amazon-led courses. These AWS courses are designed by the Amazon Web Services team and taught by some of their best professors. Also, you can take these courses for free with the option to pay a modest charge to get a valid certificate of completion.
There are many course options to pick from for learning about the AWS ecosystem. From AWS fundamentals to AWS services and infrastructure, you will be able to get familiar with various facets of AWS. Also, there are comprehensive courses for you to learn how to create, deploy, and optimize apps on AWS.
- Learn how to use the AWS platform to create, deploy, and optimize applications.
- Learn how to leverage the computation, storage, communications, development, deployment, and security capabilities provided by Amazon Web Services.
- Pay a minimal cost to earn an industry-recognized and respected Amazon web services certification on edX.
7. AWS Training Courses & Tutorials
LinkedIn Learning is another excellent online platform for studying AWS. It includes a variety of courses and video lectures that will help you learn relevant AWS concepts and skills. The platform allows users to filter courses on the basis of type, time to complete, and even level (basic, intermediate, and advanced) for them to discover the ideal course quickly. Moreover, a plethora of AWS certification exam preparation courses are available on LinkedIn Learning.
- Learn the fundamentals of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud concepts.
- Understand the creation and deployment of secure AWS applications.
- Know how to set up the appropriate AWS services for your business.
- Practical examples and activities with real-world relevance are included in each course.
- When you sign up, you'll get free access to all courses for 30 days.
- Self-paced courses allow you to learn from anywhere at any time.
8. AWS Serverless APIs & Apps – A Complete Introduction
Cloud computing is the future of web development. As more businesses use it, the demand for specialists in this new technology is growing as well. This AWS course introduces you to serverless (cloud) computing and shows how to use Amazon Web Services for creating serverless applications. Students will discover the services used, how they work, etc. while designing serverless apps.
- Learn how to create powerful online applications without having to worry about server setup.
- Get exposed to AWS API Gateway and Lambda to create, secure, and run APIs without having to manage any servers.
- Develop serverless applications securely by adding user authentication.
- Learn how to run programs in the cloud on-demand.
9. Building Containerized Applications on AWS
The AWS Training and Certification team at Amazon has designed this course available on Coursera. It gives a good overview of container technologies and how they can enhance the performance of applications. Also, the course discusses how you can use multiple AWS services to manage and orchestrate containers.
The course is divided into five sections that cover topics such as what containers are, the differences between containers and virtual machines, how to create and deploy microservices-based apps using AWS services, and which AWS services to employ for making container administration easier.
- Learn how to design and deploy microservices-based apps using Docker containers .
- Get familiar with Amazon Elastic Cloud Service (ECS) and Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- Discover how AWS Fargate makes cluster management easier.
- Learn how to utilize AWS AppMesh to make communication between app components easier.
- Host your own containers to put what you've learned into practice.
10. AWS CloudFormation Master Class
This AWS certification course is for professionals who are looking forward to learning about AWS CloudFormation and how to create templates using the same. It demonstrates how to use CloudFormation and YAML to write infrastructure as code.
The course goes through every feature and building block of CloudFormation in great detail. Stephane Maarek, a best-selling AWS instructor who has taught thousands of students on Udemy alone, will present the course. He will cover various important concepts in 3.5 hours of video lectures.
- Learn everything about AWS CloudFormation and how to use it.
- Create CloudFormation templates using YAML.
- Learn how to use CloudFormation templates to deploy and orchestrate your applications.
- Gain hands-on expertise with YAML and CloudFormation block building with realistic examples and exercises.
- Learn about CloudFormation Init Metadata.
11. AWS Courses & Classes Online (Pluralsight)
Pluralsight is yet another well-known platform that offers a variety of expert-led AWS courses, tutorials, and programs. Whether you want to learn the fundamentals of AWS, develop a skill set to handle the AWS platform, or prepare for an AWS certification, Pluralsight courses got you covered. Individuals will learn right from the basics of AWS and security.
The AWS certification will further cover the advanced concepts along with offering a certificate of completion. All of the courses come with a free 10-day trial to evaluate everything before committing to a monthly or annual subscription.
- The courses are prepared by AWS professionals.
- Each course includes exercises and tests that allow you to check your understanding of AWS.
- Projects and real-world examples facilitate hands-on learning.
- You can learn from anywhere and at your own pace.
- The courses come with a free 10-day trial.
In terms of products and functionality, Amazon Web Services is constantly growing. As a result, anyone hoping to make it big with AWS must keep up with the latest developments. Having an AWS certification on your CV will put you ahead of the game when it comes to landing a lucrative AWS job. As a result, you should get started right away. The AWS certifications listed above will help you learn various aspects of AWS and become a cloud computing expert.
People are also reading:
Leave a Comment on this Post