User experience is one of the chief factors for your product’s survival. The way a product is designed and made available to the users decides its pain points, user engagement, and user experience. A customer never sticks to a product that doesn’t work well and doesn’t deliver oo usability. In such a scenario, we have tools available for checking the software product for its usability.
What are Usability Testing Tools?
Usability testing tools are specified tools for checking the software’s UX, main usage points of a website, and other fundamental metrics of a product’s experience. These tools provide an insight view into critical UX points that can favor or oppose the product’s performance in the real market. It allows programmers and enterprises to experience the product from the user’s eye and also in gathering data that can otherwise be difficult to comprehend. The collected points can help establish a product’s value. Efficient testing through usability testing tools can also elevate its performance and reputation.
Best Usability Testing Software
This UX testing tool integrates easily with the software or website and provides users with a specific set of questions to run surveys and feedback sessions from real customers. It ensures that the product owners get relevant feedback and concern points. The valuable analytics provided by Qualaroo assists in building a better product with better features and user experience insights. Here are some of its attractive features:
- AI-driven reports and analytics.
- Incubates significant and intelligent questions for surveys and feedback for getting insights into serious product usability domains.
- According to its official website, it is 10X more reliable and valuable than email surveys.
- It runs perfectly after installation and doesn’t impart speed or ping loss issues.
- The valuable insights provide a better understanding of a product’s performance in the market.
- It is equipped with simple and easy operability and doesn’t need any rigid HTML or software engineering knowledge.
- Allows a great deal of customization to design, modulate and generate product-specific feedback and surveys.
- Includes professional templates.
- Can be integrated with Intercom, Hubspot, LiveChat, Zapier, and more.
How does Qualaroo collect the genuine feedback of real users of websites or apps?
The user test software works by getting integrated with the website or app. The Qualaroo generated code is embedded in a website or app and the surveys can be triggered on specific or on all pages. After this basic integration, one can choose survey questions from pre-generated professional questions or add custom questions. Add questions you think can be critical for checking the usability of your website or app. Optimize the other important factors such as the location and time of the surveys and you are good to go. This integration never slows down the website or app thereby mitigating the associated risks and, in turn, provides reliable feedback and analytics for planning out product improvements. The product can be availed with its affordable monthly and yearly packages. One can better understand the product through a 14-day free trial.
A platform with strong stability and valuable features, Usabilla is one of the most adapted user testing tools for websites and apps. One can get insights into user experience and their pain points with various types of quantitative and qualitative data. Usabilla can also check and gather data on email campaigns. Its real-time data metrics provide clear comprehension to optimize websites and apps better. Its feedback and surveys with mobile apps also help in elevating the in-app experience. Usabilla can further be easily integrated with tools such as Slack, Zapier, and Google Analytics . The user test software provides reliable and quality solutions for programmers, enterprises, marketing teams, and also for making important decisions regarding product improvement. The specifically targeted feedback forms and exit surveys gain proper insights into critical to general points in user interaction with the app or website. One can get Usabilla for $49 a month. For a better understanding of the user testing tool, leverage the free demo available.
It is a free usability testing tool allowing unmoderated remote usability tests that can expand to any type of device. Its reliable, intuitive, and managed platform makes sure you get your usability testing on point. With a robust customer base and reliable ROIs, Loop11 propounds the following advantages:
- Doesn’t need complex coding and is easy to use.
- Can be used to get real-time feedback and surveys of the user experience of any website or apps.
- Includes tools for A/B testing.
- Can run surveys and feedback with a mix of quantitative and qualitative data points.
- Ideal for small- and medium-sized businesses.
Loop11 can also help in assessing customers’ real intent with critical data points. It also allows you to run tests on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. Along with all these valuable amenities incorporated, Loop11 has a major downside as it doesn’t have a database of participants, and every time users are required to bring their participants. Loop11 comes with a 14-day free trial and paid plans starting from $63.
Optimizely has been providing clients and enterprises optimum results for years. The usability testing software has well-defined and managed data-driven methods to track your digital potential. The results obtained can assist in establishing an improved product as per market and user demands and expectations. Some of its valuable features are:
- Not only testing, but it also allows easy editing of images, text, colors, etc.
- Easy creation of new studies as no rigid coding is required.
- A/B testing.
- Assists in the scheduling of multivariate testing.
- Code generated doesn’t need repeated modifications.
- Easy setup of additional user accounts.
- Easy and quick to adapt the dashboard.
- Can test websites with dynamic content as well.
- One can also segregate studies as per location and other preferable parameters.
Optimizely has valuable features for all. It assists designers in designing, programmers in APIs, and developers in coding. It works perfectly well with medium to large level enterprises.
If you want to deliver the best user experience, UXCam can be useful. The UX testing tool has free, general as well as enterprise plans. It is imbibed with sufficient qualitative analytics to provide deep insights into an app’s performance. It also has heat maps and other recording tools that make it easy to navigate and identify the bottlenecks in an app's performance. If you are opting for UXCam, you don’t need to worry about performance glitches. Its integration with apps propounds no limitation on the performance and speed of the app. Its integration can be completed within a few minutes with just 2 lines of code. Once incorporated, UXCam can provide embedded event analytics, screen flow analytics, heat map analytics, issue analytics, and more. This increases the speed of the product development cycle and facilitates better collaborations among teams. UXCam is completely secure and is known to deliver pragmatic results.
This user test software allows users to run moderated and unmoderated tests in remote or lab conditions. Interact with real-time users through your app and get genuine pain points and concerned features for the app. UserZoom assists the whole process and takes you through the user experience with no hassle. It has the following highlights:
- Its critical insights provide a deep inside view into user reviews and expectations from the product, which can further aid in product improvement.
- So far, it is known to provide reasonable and profitable returns on investments.
- One can use UserZoom’s search engine to get participants.
- Can carry out fastest and reliable studies in a continuous manner.
- Allows customization of plans. Hence, it is for everyone.
It serves customers with a 14-day free trial to check out its pros and cons. UserZoom can amalgamate well with startups and medium-sized businesses.
Premium usability and user experience testing tool, Testbirds can run efficient feedback and survey tests on mobile apps. It can readily locate the target group and can test websites, smart devices, and wearable technology. Testbirds provides various great features, such as:
- Testing on qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Competitor analysis.
- Remote interviews and feedback from the customers and remote evaluation.
- Provides data and final reports in such a way that it is easy to identify and improvise on bottlenecks.
- Provides flexible and scalable tests.
- Can run comparison studies.
- Can also evaluate prototypes.
Along with all the insights and reliable testing features, Testbirds is known to deliver satisfaction and significant ROIs. For pricing, it accepts payments in its currency called BirdCoins and the basic plan starts from 50 BirdCoins or €1100.
Another leading rider in the race of usability testing tools is Lookback. It is an efficient UX testing tool that provides various crucial insights into data points that are critical for app or website performance. It gives the perfect view of your app or website through the user end. Lookback provides the following types of testing:
- Live and moderated testing
The tests run continuously. You can see the members and their screens and hear their opinion on your application.
- Unmoderated testing
The members start the test by tapping on a connection. Lookback ushers them through the test.
This sort of testing can be utilized when members use the gadgets in the lab. It permits recording all of the gadgets without the need for convoluted gear or further programming. The usability testing software overcomes geographical barriers and can collect interviews or feedback from across the world. It can also:
- Test prototypes.
- Create highlights.
- Gather timestamped tasks so that you can revisit or collaborate on them.
- Can record Live Share sessions in the Cloud
Leverage the 14-day free trial to get a complete view of Lookback and its amenities. The paid plans start from $99 a month.
A valuable and reliable solution for usability testing, UserTesting provides a comprehensive view of the usability of your product. It provides insights from the user side and aids in suggesting and recommending improvements for updates for the product. UserTesting has some exciting features that make it a preferred product in the real market. It can record live conversations with users to understand their hits and misses with the product. This gives researchers and product designers an upper hand in designing products for varied audiences with better feature sets. The user testing tool is equipped with a simple 5-step process to gather feedback and real user experience:
- Ask a question to users; explore, validate and plan your tests.
- Target real users.
- Engage and understand their experience.
- Discover and analyze the data.
- Share insights with valuable teams to create a future flowchart for product improvisations.
Its fastest, reliable, and insightful data has been helping many enterprises for years and has been empowering teams to come up with better websites and mobile apps.
With a simple user interface and everything essential, Validately is focussed on unbiased feedback and user experience insights to gain the product’s internal view. It allows you to create simple tests with specific criteria and the rest all is taken care of by Validetly itself. It can be customized for specific needs and surveys. Its online chat feature provides direct interaction with users thereby aiding in identifying and rectifying specific usage points. Validately is returning valuable results for small to medium-sized businesses and can be used for $499/month or more.
11. Crazy Egg
A well-established name in UX testing tools, Crazy Egg provides valuable analytics that can help in establishing better and quality websites. It provides insights and critical points on what can be improved in a website. Crazy Egg can help come up with product improvements parallel to the market’s demands. It offers:
- Can provide snapshots, heatmaps, and recordings.
- A/B testing.
- Has an editor which can rapidly and efficiently make changes as per requirements.
- Allows easy and interactive team collaborations.
- Robust customization.
- Easy to integrate and configure.
- Has a feature called a scroll map.
- Can provide information about areas where users clicked.
It is believed to deliver good ROIs for small and medium-level businesses. Crazy Egg has plans ranging from $29/month to 499/month. However, customized plans are also available.
A product’s success in the market relies on various factors, such as performance, interface, and usability. Just like a product is checked for various other important concern points, checking and collecting real-time feedback and surveys from users can save you from product failures and mail functionalities. Customize your product for users and gather insights on downsides. The best UX testing tools available can provide simple to complex insights, such as where users clicked, what users enjoy the most, what users suggest, and whatnot! Using the user feedback to improve a product can help establish a product with user-driven customization thereby getting increased limelight and success.
People are also reading:
- Best Cross Browser Testing Tools
- Best Mobile Application Testing Tools You Should Use
- Best ETL Testing Tools
- Best Automation Testing Tools You Should Use for Software Testing
- Functional Testing Tools You Should Check for Automation Testing
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Bug Tracking Tools for Enhanced Software Testing
- SAP Testing Automation Tools
- Test Management Tools
- Top DevOps Tools