But if we consider worldwide, ReactJS is the popular choice among the developers. Choosing the right framework is in the best interest of any organization. Let’s discuss their difference in detail.
ReactJS vs AngularJS: International chart of usage
What is ReactJS?
History of ReactJS
It came into the market in 2011 when Jordan Walke created the library at Facebook. React was built with an HTML component framework for PHP. It was launched in 2013 and expanded in 2014. By 2015 React got stable, and React for Android was launched. 2017 was the year of improvement for ReactJS. Today, many features are being added to ReactJS and fixing regressions in its core library and DOM.
Structor, React-jsx, Coffee-react, ESLint, Babel, Node-jsx, and many more.
Features of ReactJS
- Provide access to 3rd party libraries
- Saves your coding time
- Allow fast app development.
- Provide code stability with one-way data binding
- Provide better user-interface and excellent performance
- Supported by Facebook
Advantages of using ReactJS
- It helps boost the development process’s speed by allowing the users to use each component individually on both client and server-side of the application.
- Unlike other frameworks, ReactJS is easy to maintain, which saves time and money.
- It offers a virtual DOM program that makes the complex application run effortlessly and enhances its performance.
- The ReactJS framework has been improved so that it is also available to create mobile-based applications with Android and iOS environments.
Applications of ReactJS
- Where you need an application having multiple events
- Whenever you require a personalized app solution
- When you want to create shared components within your application.
- Khan Academy
What is an AngularJS?
History of AngularJS
It was introduced in 2009 by Misko Hevery. After the first version, AngularJS is simply called Angular. Later on, many different versions were rolled out 2,4,5,6,7,8 with its latest version 9 in 2020.
Djangular, Ment.io, Mocha.js, SublimeText, and many more
Features of AngularJS
- Offers built-in support for AJAX, HTTP
- It has broad community support.
- It is consistent with the technology.
- It offers crisp and clear coding.
- It offers excellent error handling.
- It supports forms and validation.
- Provides UI and business logic separation
- It provides efficiency due to the underlying TypeScript base.
Advantages of AngularJS
- With the AngularJS help, you can easily split the application into many MVC components, combine them back together, and work as a pipeline between them.
- You can easily rearrange the code without the need to move the elements.
- The main advantage over the others is it requires less coding to solve any purpose.
- It allows you to project the model to the application view seamlessly.
- AngularJS allows you to test each component of the app without any trouble.
Applications of AngularJS
- You can use AngularJS, where you want to use ready solutions and generate high productivity.
- Whenever you want to create a large scale feature-rich application
- You can use AngularJS if you have expertise in Java, C#, and Angular.
- Where you want to keep the app complexity to a medium level
- General Motors
Difference between AngularJS vs ReactJS
1. Popularity among developers
Though both the framework works well and almost equal still React, JS has become the popular choice due to its ease of maintaining the large scale applications. It is faster and more reliable.
2. GitHub rates
ReactJS works on Virtual DOM while AngularJS works on the real DOM. Using the real DOM to make small changes will lead to changing the entire tree structure of HTML, while with the virtual DOM, you can easily make small changes without changing the entire HTML doc. Thus ReactJS ensures higher performance and works much faster irrespective of the size of the application.
4. Data binding
Data binding allows data synchronization between business logic and UI. React uses one-way data binding where the child components are designed within the high-order parent components that make the code more stable and make the debugging easier. While Angular uses two-way data binding means any changes in the view will change the data. Still, the two-way data binding is a much more flexible way.
Similarities between AngularJS vs. ReactJS
- Both the framework AngularJS and ReactJS supports CSS3 and allows you to improve the front-end development.
- Both frameworks require in-depth knowledge of HTML5.
- Both are mostly the same design patterns and have object-oriented principles.
Head to Head Comparison between AngularJS vs ReactJS
|It can be packaged with other programming libraries.||It is a complete solution in itself.|
|It is easier to understand for beginners.||It is not as easy for beginners to learn.|
|It does not offer extensive community support||It has comprehensive community support|
|It is a little challenging to set up for React but fast for developing applications||It is easier to set up for Angular but take more time for in coding and project delivery|
|It offers you a great variety of tools, libraries, architecture for developing an application||It provides limited resources and flexibility.|
|It uses one-way data binding, which means you cannot change the elements without changing the model state.||It uses two-way data binding, which means the model state will automatically change whenever any change is done in the elements.|
|It may require some extra tools for testing purposes.||A single tool will be enough to do the testing and debugging for the project.|
|Its documentation is relatively faster.||The documentation is slow.|
|It is based on Virtual DOM||It is based on Model View Controller (MVC)|
|Developed and maintained by Facebook||Developed and supported by Google|
|Its abstract is strong||Its abstraction is medium.|
Now you have a complete understanding of what ReactJS and AngularJS are suitable for, and you can make an easy choice between them. Though ReactJS and AngularJS framework comes with many features and benefits, still ReactJS is considered more than AngularJS. It is because React allows isolated debugging, which in turn enhances the application’s stability. With React, you can re-use the components that will save you development cost and time. Even for large-scale applications, React is the better choice over Angular as React is more flexible and scalable. This is best comparison chart between Angularjs vs Reactjs
If you liked our section, please comment, and we are also open to your suggestions.