As a digital marketer, you might be looking for ways to accomplish more tasks in less time, and for that, SEO tools have been a savior. Whether you need to identify the crawling issues in a website or fetch Meta tags from a domain, there are SEO tools that can help you accomplish your everyday tasks quickly and efficiently.
Though there are a plethora of SEO tools out there, many of them are complete junk. So, here we are going to share with you the best free SEO tools.
20+ Free/Best SEO Tools
1. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog finds and fixes all the technical SEO issues in just a few seconds. It’s a website crawler that lets you improve the onsite SEO by auditing the common errors. It crawls both small and big websites while showing results in real-time.
Some of the features of Screaming Frog are:
- It helps find broken links
- Audit redirects
- Analyze page titles and metadata
- Review robots & directives
- Integrate with GA, GSC & PSI
- Schedule audits
2. Panguin Tool
Panguin is a free tool that helps website owners to improve the quality of their websites and rank them better on Google Search. It helps you address the impact of the Google algorithm updates on a website.
Features of Penguin tool:
- It shows the website's organic visibility on search engines.
- You can compare your website rankings with competitors and manage SEO investments.
- It lets you encrypt and monitor the top-ranked pages.
- You get the option to view and compare rankings of your competitors in different regions.
- Allows you to interlink pages on the website to compare rankings.
BuzzSumo is a social media analytics tool that analyzes web content based on search queries. It’s a cloud-based app that helps you discover the best content and opportunities. With BuzzSumo, you can identify new keywords, trending stories, and customer queries that are important for your brand.
Features of BuzzSumo:
- Activity Dashboard
- Audience Targeting
- Brand Management
- Click Tracking
- Campaign Analytics
Ubersuggest is a free tool that specializes in providing information about keywords, monthly search volume, CPS, and competition data in your targeted niche. Apart from this, Ubersuggest can help you get an overview of a domain, check backlinks, and perform competitor analysis.
Features of UberSuggest
- Keyword Ideas: Expand your search by searching keywords in the different categories like Questions, Prepositions, and Comparisons.
- Content Ideas: The content ideas will help you know what your competitors are featuring in the content.
- Traffic Analyzer: The traffic analyzer allows you to visualize how your website is performing in terms of keywords, backlinks, and domain score.
- Site Audit: Ubersuggest helps to analyze the performance of a website. Also, it can break down the issues that your website might be facing.
5. Chrome DevTools
Also, you can perform the following actions by using the Chrome DevTools:
- Increase page speed and overall website performance.
- Debug the HTML and CSS code of a website.
- Identify the crawl errors.
- Manage resources like cookies, application cache, stylesheets, images, and session storage.
MozBar is an all-in-one SEO tool that gives insights into a website in just a few seconds. It’s a must-have tool for digital marketers to analyze a client’s website, competitors, and link prospects for on-page and inbound link metrics. The free version of MozBar will give you unlimited data on the link profile of a webpage.
Some of the key features of Moz are:
- You can create custom searches based on country, region, or city.
- It provides information about the page authority (PA) and domain authority (DA) of a website.
- It can differentiate links type-by-type.
- MozBar can check general attributes, markup, and HTTP status.
- You can export SERP results into a CSV file.
SEOquake is a free browser extension that lets you conduct on-page SEO audits. Out of all the free SEO tools available, it is regarded as one of the most powerful research tools. SEOquake can help you get a variety of information about your competitors, such as:
- Traffic on the website (is it from social, SEO, or paid ads.
- Types of Google ads they are running.
- Number of backlinks.
- Title tags, keywords, and the site’s meta description.
Features of SEOquake
- Helps in reviewing all the major SEO metrics.
- Capable of performing website analysis and SEO audit of a webpage.
- Helps to compare different URLs and Domains.
- Check the social statistics for Facebook.
SEOptimer is one of the leading SEO tools that comes with several features to help you optimize a website with ease. You can use it to audit your website that takes into account a variety of factors, including on-page SEO, backlinks, and load speed.
The website report generated by SEOptimizer not only grades your website but also provides recommendations to improve the overall performance of the website so that it can rank better on search engines.
Some other notable features of SEOptimer are as follows:
- Advanced snippet previews
- AI-generated suggestions for content
- Built-in advanced SEO analytics module
- Built-in redirection
- Google Index Status
- Keyword comparison
- Local SEO optimization
9. Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager allows you to inject ‘tags’ into HTML. It lets you quickly update measurement codes and related code fragments known as tags. A huge benefit of using Google Tag Manager is that you don’t need any developer to manage the measurements code on your website; you can do it on your own.
Once a small piece of Tag Manager code gets added to your project, you can easily deploy analytics and tag configurations from a web-based user interface.
Features of Google Tag Manager:
- It helps in customizing data that is sent to the analytics.
- You can track events like PDF downloads, button clicks, and outbound link clicks on your website.
- It helps to increase the load speed of your website.
- It comes with a debugging mode.
10. Yoast (Free Version)
Yoast is a popular WordPress plugin that offers both free and paid versions. It is one of the most commonly used tools among SEO professionals as it can handle technical SEO quite well. Additionally, Yoast specializes in optimizing on-page SEO by suggesting various modifications to the content.
Features of Yoast:
- Performs comprehensive SEO analysis and ensures that the content adheres to the best on-page SEO practices.
- It comes with a search engine snippet preview for reviewing and customizing how the post will look in the Google search results.
GTMetrix gives you detailed information about the page speed, load time, site performance score, and more. The reports generated by this tool are divided into five sections, including metrics pulled from waterfall breakdown, Google’s Lighthouse tools, video, and history. You can use GTMetrix to test and compare the site’s performance on different connection types and identify how they affect your page load speed.
12. Google PageSpeed Insights
Google PageSpeed Insights is a website speed testing tool that provides grading to a website on a scale of 1-100 (the higher the number, the better the website). Having a score above 85 means your website is performing well. PageSpeed also gives you reports for both (mobile and desktop) versions of your website.
This tool measures the performance of a website on the bases of the following factors:
- Time taken to fully load a page: This is the elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page to the time when the page is fully rendered by the browser.
- Time taken for the above-the-fold load : This measures the time from the moment a user requests a new page to the moment the above-the-fold content is rendered by the browser.
13. Small SEO Tools
Small SEO Tools is another free SEO tool that provides marketing insights and SEO reports, along with keyword research, campaign management, competitive research, content marketing metrics, and SMM.
Some of the main features of this tool include the following:
- Identification of top-performing keywords for PPC and SEO.
- Website auditing and position tracking.
- Effective advertising campaigns.
14. MOZ SEO Audit tool
Moz is a tool for measuring, monitoring, and evaluating the off-site as well as onsite aspects of a website. It helps to track a website’s critical issues and rankings on various search engines. Moz also provides various professional tools to help small as well as large businesses get better results from their SEO efforts.
It comes with features like:
- Open site explorer
- Business Console
- Business Listing
- Complete research Categories
- Keyword Explorer
15. SEO Site Checkup
SEO site checkup is a free SEO auditing tool that can analyze websites quickly. This tool gives results in six different categories, namely SEO issues, mobile usability, social media, semantic web, server functionality, and site security.
It comes with the following features:
- SEO monitoring
- Competitor analysis
- SEO issues repairing
- SEO Reporting
16. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a collection of free tools and reports that allow webmasters to monitor how Google views and optimize a website’s presence on Google Search. With Google Search Console, you can check the referring domains, identify search results, and view mobile site performance, traffic, and pages of your website.
Here are the key features of Google Search Console:
- Generates Index & overview report.
- You can perform URL inspection.
- Provides detailed link report and website performance (on Google Search) report.
17. Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing Webmaster Tools is a free service offered by Microsoft that allows webmasters to check their website’s performance on Bing. It allows webmasters to submit new URLs, submit sitemaps, get website performance reports, and more.
Some other features of Bing Webmaster are as follows:
- You can submit URLs manually for fast indexing.
- Provides information about the backlinks and referring domains.
- Keyword research tools to explore new keywords.
Siteliner is a free SEO and content marketing tool that lets you explore your site and discover technical issues which affect your site’s ranking ability. With Siteliner, you can find your power pages (pages that have the highest authority), duplicate website content, broken links, and a lot more.
Here are its core functionalities:
- Analyze duplicate content
- Broken link analysis
- Sitemap reporting and creation
This tool lets you check the SERPs on various locations and devices. Since search results depend upon the type of device you use, the SERPerator will let you see exactly how the results look on a specific device.
Browseo is a powerful web-based tool that lets you access website content by removing all its styling. It’s a pure HTML outlet that shows how a webpage will look to the search engine crawlers. It also provides valuable insights by highlighting internal links, no-follow links, and external links.
Features of Browseo
- You get control over the information you see.
- Browseo allows you to hide visual stylings.
- Get a deeper understanding of the site’s strategy by highlighting internal links, external links, ‘nofollow’ tags, and more.
21. Keyword Hero
Keyword Hero helps you get rid of the ‘not provided’ information from Google Analytics for any website. By using this tool, you can find the top/low priority keywords for any website. It also provides super-specific performance metrics for your organic keywords and lets you monitor revenue, conversation rates, and a lot more things for every keyword.
SEO is the most important process for you to follow if you want your website to appear at the top of search engine results for different keywords or search queries. Also, SEO is a lengthy process, and you need to devise various strategies to make it work for you.
The SEO tools that we have listed above are among the best ones out there that can help you to optimize your website(s) for search engines. Moreover, these tools are either free or offer a free version that you can use without paying anything.
You can try these tools and pick some of them for long-term use that best suits your needs. Is there any other SEO tool that you feel should be on this list? If yes, do let us know about it in the comments section below.
People are also reading:
Leave a Comment on this Post