For creating interactive web pages or web apps, developers leverage a variety of tools. Among these tools, a compiler is a necessary one. Many programmers prefer online compilers, as they are easily accessible within a browser. They support multiple languages, so programmers can code and run in multiple languages without leaving the browser.
An online compiler is a cloud-based application that allows programmers to execute their code or check the output of a program . It lets programmers write and debug their codes online. Generally, a compiler translates high-level code into binaries that computer systems can read and interpret.
A traditional compiler requires installation on a computer system that would require significant storage space and consume a lot of time for proper configuration. Well, this is not the case with an online compiler. You can directly access it in your browser.
- Hassle-Free Execution: For a local compiler, you need to download, install, and configure it. This is not the case with an online compiler. It is a go-to tool where you can write and execute JS code on the go.
- Easy Sharing: Programmers can easily save the code in an online compiler. They can generate unique URLs for sharing their codes with others.
- Easy to Code: Experimentation becomes effortless and gratifying.
- More Productive: Programmers can be more productive with online compilers as they do not need to switch a window between their source code and a compiler.
Users can rearrange the code and output panels at their convenience. It supports multiple languages: Stylus, TypeScript, SCSS, JSX, TSX, Pug, CoffeeScript, Less, Sass., and the latest Babel preset. You can switch the language with just a single click.
Playcode is a REPL (Read-Eval-Print-Loop) coding environment that comes preconfigured. Simply type your JS code and run it. Forget about the configuration and ‘npm install’.
- Supports collaboration with your team in real-time.
- Offers access to 2 million npm packages, including React, Vue, Lodash, RxJs, p5.js, and three.js.
- The fastest live preview feature lets you see the result as you type in.
- The smart code autocomplete helps you write code faster. You can avoid looking for the syntax in documentation every time.
- Detects bugs in your code so you can fix them quickly.
- Typechecking catches typing errors quickly.
- You get documentation by hovering, eliminating the need to search for documentation on Google.
Moreover, you can find tutorials helping you complete your dream projects with detailed, step-by-step instructions. Replit supports various programming languages, including Python, Golang, Dart, C++, Haskell, TypeScript, and PHP.
Being an online IDE, you do not have to put effort into downloading, installing, and configuring it. Simply visit the website and start writing your code in a programming language of your choice.
- An AI-powered pair programmer, the Ghostwriter, comes with a proactive debugger. It simplifies the code-writing process.
- You can deploy your projects in just a few clicks. Also, sharing your work with the work is easy.
- Live collaboration enables you and your team to work from anywhere, anytime.
- Replit integrates seamlessly with your Git repositories.
Furthermore, JSFiddle provides a feature where coders can save their work, communicate and share their projects with other developers with a unique URL.
This online IDE is a successor to MooShell, a website application created by Piotr Zalewa. In 2019, the PopularitY of Programming Language (PYPL) index ranked JSFiddle in the second position for the most popular online IDE.
- Supports features such as syntax highlighting, autocompletion, auto-indentation, syntax verification, brace matching, code folding, and Search and Replace.
- Publicly save the code an unlimited number of times.
After you finish writing your JS code, click ‘Run’ in the top right corner to execute your code and see the output. If it needs input, you can provide it in the small panel on the right side of the editor.
- Does not require sign-up to use the tool.
- Download the code on your local system.
- Supports adding dependencies to your JS code.
- Code suggestions and autocomplete help you write code faster.
- Descriptive error messages assist in debugging code.
- Comprehensive cheatsheets for various programming languages, frameworks, and other technologies.
- Does not require sign-up to use the compiler.
- Provides the boilerplate code to help you understand the syntax of the language you are using.
- You can switch between dark and light modes based on your preference.
Codenvy is a cloud-based, open-source integrated development environment and development workspace server that lets developers write and run code. It is a collaborative platform, allowing software development teams to work together from anywhere on a single project.
Overall, Codenvy is an ideal online IDE for teams distributed geographically, allowing them to work on their projects without installing the software on local systems.
- Containerized workspace lets you use any stack.
- Facilitates simultaneous editing.
- Seamless integration with a popular version control system, Git.
- Real-time collaboration.
- Seamless code sharing.
The tool provides you with the boilerplate code, helping you quickly get started with writing the code. You can find an option to enter the input and run your code. The compilation time is 10 seconds, the execution for nonregistered users is 5 seconds, and for registered users, it is 15 seconds.
- You can either check the box for syntax highlighting or uncheck it if you don’t want.
- The tool supports executing programs on a remote server.
- You can save and share your code with the whole world.
- Shortcuts help you become more productive.
Furthermore, CodeSandbox can integrate with GitHub, which makes it possible for users to import or export repositories directly from GitHub. The tool authorizes users to use any public NPM packages.
- Anyone can preview your code, review it, and comment on the codebase.
- Other team members can make changes to your code and commit with a single click.
- You can develop any type of full-stack app.
- The tool is available as an extension to VS Code.
- It is available as an app for iOS devices.
You can opt for a Free plan or Team Pro, which is available for $15 per editor per month.
- The tool offers a real-time live preview of your code.
- You can save your code (weave) on the cloud or download it as a .zip file.
- The tool lets you write and edit in full-screen mode.
- The code auto-completion boosts your productivity.
- You can work in the dark or light mode as you prefer.
One key highlight of CodePen is its extensive community. Web creators and developers can expose their coding dexterities with roughly 330,000 registered users and 14.16 million monthly audiences.
- It offers a highly customizable workspace.
- Autocomplete and Emmet boost your speed and productivity.
- You can keep your code private until you want to showcase it to the community.
- The Pro version supports team collaboration, Live Mode, professor Mode, and Presentation Mode.
People are also reading: