Licensed under the MIT License, jQuery is open-source and free to use. jQuery is ideal for beginners to learn since its syntax is pretty similar to CSS.
Some of the salient features of jQuery are listed below:
- DOM manipulation depends on CSS3 selectors. CSS3 selectors use element names and their attributes to select nodes in the DOM.
- JSON parsing.
- Ajax application development.
- Element selection in DOM using Sizzle. Sizzle is an open-source multi-browser selector engine.
- Deferred and Promise objects to control asynchronous processing.
Below are some of the key advantages of using React.js:
- Makes debugging and testing easier.
- Ideal for building single-page web applications and mobile applications.
- Facilitates the creation of visually appealing user interfaces.
Social media platforms, like Facebook and Instagram, and the messaging app, Whatsapp, all use React.
Vadim Ogievetsky, Mike Bostock, Jeffrey Heer, and Jason Davies together developed D3.js, and it was released in 2011 as version 2.0.0. D3.js has multiple pre-built functions required for selecting elements, creating SVG objects, and styling them or adding transitions, tooltips, and dynamic effects to them.
It supports vast volumes of data sets and is extremely fast. The functional style of D3 enables developers to reuse code through multiple community-developed modules. D3.js library is used for:
- Interactive and dynamic data visualization.
- Creating animated transitions.
- Binding data to DOM and carrying out the data-driven transformation on it.
- Sequencing complex transitions through events.
- Detailed documentation that describes functions suitable for performing some typical programming tasks. All functions are categorized into five different categories, namely Collection functions, Array functions, Function functions, Object functions, and Utility functions.
- Special facilities, such as iteratee and chain. We can use these facilities with the functions listed in the documentation to enable a simpler and cleaner syntax.
- Literate source code. It enables us to understand how D3.js is implemented.
This library was released in 2019, and it has an easy-to-use and simple API. It has a built-in staggering system that helps web developers animate multiple elements with the ‘follow through and overlapping’ action. The callbacks and controls functions in Anime.js allow us to play, pause, control, and reverse trigger events.
6. DOJO Toolkit
Alex Russell, Dylan Schiemann, David Schontzler, and some other members of the DOJO Foundation designed the DOJO Toolkit. It was released in 2005 and is dually licensed under the Academic Free License and the BSD License.
- digit: It is a user-interface module that helps to set up layout and widgets.
- dogox: It helps you with grids, charting, and DTL.
- Util: It includes build tools, such as style checking, testing, documentation, and optimization.
Following are the key highlights of PixiJs:
- PixiJS offers top-notch quality blending and color modes as offered in Photoshop.
- The Asset Loader feature enables users to load spreadsheets, graphics, fonts, and animation data.
- You can provide the next-level visual fidelity and performance to your projects using WebGL filters and shaders.
- The Full Scene Graph feature organizes objects into hierarchical trees.
- It offers advanced text rendering.
Pinterest, Flickr, and FourSquare are some popular users of the Leaflet library. Leaflet natively supports GeoJSON layers, Web Map Service (WMS) layers, Tiled layers, and Vectors layers. In addition, it supports various types of layers through plugins.
The basic display model of maps implemented by Leaflet includes one base map, zero or more translucent overlays, and zero or more Vector objects on the top. The four major object types in Leaflet are:
- Vector types include Path, Polygon, and specific types such as Circle.
- Raster types include TileLayer and ImageOverlay.
- Controls include Zoom, Layers, etc.
- Grouped types include LayerGroup, FeatureGroup, and GeoJSON.
Leaflet supports all major browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari.
Along with Google services and websites, it also has other renowned users, including Netflix, Coca-Cola, Mcdonald’s, IBM, Electronic Arts, and BBVA. Some significant features provided by Polymer are given below:
- Custom elements
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Supports gesture events
- Provides one-way and two-way data binding
- Offers Polymer command-line interface for managing complex web projects
- Utilizes Google’s Material Design for developing hybrid mobile applications
The American Mathematical Society developed MathJAX. It was released in 2020, and it is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. Some reputed users of the MathJAX library are Wikipedia, Mathoverflow, MathSciNet, Project Euclid journals, IEEE Xplore, and All-Russian Mathematical Portal.
MathJAX is compatible with all the major browsers, including Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. It can be used in Node.js from version 3. In addition, this library is highly modular on input and output. It uses ASCIIMathML, LaTex, and MathML as input and generates HTML+CSS, SVG, or MathML as output.
People are also reading:
Leave a Comment on this Post