Developed in 1991, Java is one of the world’s most popular and widely used programming languages. It is used for creating nearly everything from small mobile apps to massive commercial solutions. It’s one of the most adaptable object-oriented programming languages in the market.
If you’re a computer science student or a developer who is looking to expand your programming skills, then learning Java could be a great choice. There are a variety of offline and online resources for learning Java. However, you can learn at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home by opting for an online Java course.
In this blog, we will discuss the 10 most comprehensive and best Java courses available online.
10 Best Java Courses
This course from LinkedIn teaches you the principles of Java programming. Also, you will be solving easy Java programming tasks and develop desktop, mobile, and web apps. The course is broken down into nine sections. The first section focuses on the basics of Java. Whereas, the second and third sections focus on learning advanced Java concepts and developing apps. The fourth section delves into Java memory management techniques.
In the fifth one, you’ll learn how to use Java Database Connectivity ( JDBC ) in Java programs to manage data from relational databases like Oracle Database, MySQL, and SQL Server. Further sections will talk about important aspects of cloud-native Java applications. Lastly, there is a section that talks about Java interviews and highlights tips to ace them.
- There are no prerequisites for this beginner-level course, and thus it is ideal for individuals who are completely new to Java.
- It’ll help you get familiar with the software required for learning and practicing Java.
- The ‘view offline’ option allows you to access the course information without being connected to the internet.
- Working on different exercises throughout the curriculum will allow you to hone your practical skills.
- Software developers, software testers, college students, and IT experts are among those who will benefit widely from this course.
It is one of the most popular Java courses offered by Udemy and the instructor of this course is a seasoned Java developer and teacher. The Complete Java Masterclass is extremely popular on the web as it incorporates upgrades from Java 8 to Java 9 to benefit the participants.
Learners will get an in-depth understanding of multithreading, Java collections, OOP, data structures, core Java fundamentals, networking, Java 8, and Java 9 improvements.
- This thorough course includes 72-hour video lectures that cover all the essential topics that a Java developer should know.
- It gives access to hundreds of articles and other reading resources.
- Attendees’ questions are answered in regular sessions.
- You’ll get introduced to tools such as Eclipse and Maven that are essential for understanding Java development.
This Java course by Pluralsight offers excellent Java training for beginners. It covers various fundamentals of Java, including classes and objects, data types, threads, files, and error handling. The instructor of this course is a professional software engineer with more than 30 years of expertise.
In a nutshell, it is a good course for learning Java from the ground up. It covers the Java programming language in-depth and discusses various dynamics that Java developers need to learn, such as server-side and client-side development, Android app development, etc.
- Comes with a free trial that helps you to acquire a feel for the course before investing time and money into it.
- It covers a wide range of Java concepts and topics.
- The course cannot be accomplished until the learner doesn’t acquire working knowledge of each topic with the help of practical learning.
- Pluralsight membership is available for as little as $29 per month and gives access to 500+ courses.
- You’ll get access to a large database, articles, and videos that will help you improve your abilities and share your experiences.
- The faculties provide a high degree of knowledge to ensure a quality learning experience.
If you’re new to Java programming and don’t know where to start, this is the best Java course that can help you out. This course, ranked among the best Java Courses, will help you learn the fundamentals of Java and show you how to apply them to a variety of development projects, including Android apps, web backend systems, and desktop apps.
You’ll start by learning how to construct static methods and print to the screen with a simple Java application. Then, you will move forward with more advanced concepts like defining objects and storing processes.
- Offers comprehensive training for developers who are already acquainted with other programming languages like C++ and Python.
- Talks about Java characteristics that most programmers should be aware of for mastering the Java programming language.
- By using various coding examples, this course highlights the similarities and differences between Java and other programming languages.
- During the course, you will learn about the flow of control, classes, objects, methods, variables, expressions, and much more.
- This course is developed by an experienced tutor who has been teaching Java for more than a decade.
Oracle Java Certification can help you improve your skills for managing Big Data that can eventually help in growing professionally. They provide specific courses to assist you in preparing for all of the topics covered in the Oracle Java Certification examinations. You can select a curriculum based on your interests and knowledge. Furthermore, all the courses are created by professionals who are committed to helping individuals learn Java effectively.
- Helps you enhance your Java programming knowledge and skills so that you can develop functional software and web apps.
- Provides updated practice questions and training resources to help you stay on top of the latest exam trends.
- Give a detailed explanation for each question.
- You‘ll get answers to all your questions from subject matter experts.
- Every week, you’ll receive a thorough report on your performance and areas where you need to improve.
This course is available on Coursera and it provides learners with appropriate training to start coding in Java. Also, it focuses on developing the problem-solving abilities of learners.
The course is designed for intermediate and expert attendees who want to enhance their skills related to Java development. It also aims to teach students how to design algorithms as well as how to construct and debug programs.
- The course will teach you how to use Java to access and alter images, webpages, and other data.
- The program will assist you in learning how to analyze CSV files (Comma-Separated Value files).
- If you complete all sections of the course to the best of your ability, you will receive a certification.
- This Java course is in high demand among web developers and mobile app developers.
Finding a perfect Java course and acquiring a Java certification used to be one of the most difficult tasks, but that is no longer the case. Through Udemy’s Java Certification courses, anyone can study and obtain a certificate in Java programming from the comfort of their home, with no deadlines. The course will not only provide you the opportunity to get a Java programming certification but it will also help you learn the fundamentals of Java.
- It covers all the fundamentals as well as advanced Java programming topics.
- The certification courses are created by Udemy’s skilled and qualified instructors with years of Java programming expertise.
- To assess where you stand with your preparation, you will get the chance to work with several projects and practical problems.
- You can get help from a team of professionals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Every certification course comes with a 30-day free trial.
Object-oriented programming in Java Specialization helps learners to develop a deep understanding of object-oriented design. Furthermore, the two Java development environments BlueJ and Eclipse are also taught for helping students to learn about GUI. This will allow them to quickly build infrastructures that can handle massive amounts of data.
- This course will teach you everything you need to know about the Java programming language.
- It serves as a review of teachings and a refresher course for Java specialists.
- On-demand videos, articles, and reading materials are available.
- Taught by knowledgeable professors.
This is yet another best Java course for beginners and is available on Udemy. This course covers the new features introduced in Java 9, such as JShell. As a result, the students will learn to program and develop apps with Java efficiently.
The teaching method is very friendly and the concepts are explained in a beginner-friendly approach. Students are taught thoroughly about using Java in a step-by-step manner. The attendees will learn about Java fundamentals, Java collections, object-oriented programming, file handling, exceptional handling, functional programming network, and multithreading.
- The course comes with a free trial to help learners have a clear mind before paying.
- Enrolling allows you to gain free lifetime access to all of the course content.
- Because of the highly skilled and talented faculty, this course is recognized as one of the most effective ways of learning Java.
Learn Java for Free course covers the most recent version of Java as well as new tools like JShell. Designed primarily for novices, this course covers all of the fundamental concepts needed to grasp the language’s essential notions. Trainer Kathryn Hodge guides you through the fundamental syntax, flows, and logic of your code, as well as debugging your project to eliminate any problems.
The course continues to discuss more complex object-oriented programming topics like inheritance and encapsulation after covering the fundamentals. This course is appropriate for beginners who want to learn Java as well as experienced programmers who want to get exposure to the newest version of Java.
- The course is completely free and allows you to get comprehensive knowledge about Java.
- Learners will have practical knowledge about all the other software or languages associated with Java.
- The course ensures to cover the essential understanding of the key Java concepts.
- The questions associated with each lesson comes with explanation and solutions for learners to have a better approach.
- Software developers, software testers, and college students are among those who will benefit from this course.
The online courses for Java mentioned in this course are up-to-date and industry-relevant. You can begin your learning by selecting any Java course that meets your needs. As a Java developer, you will have a lot to look forward to as Java is a programming language with applications in nearly every niche, from mobile applications to designing graphic games.
People are also reading:
- Best Secure Coding Practices in Java
- Top Java Blogs, Websites, and Newsletters for Programmers of All Levels
- Kotlin vs Java: Differences You Should Know
- Best Java Testing Tools
- Java int Array
- Java 8 Interview Questions
- Queue in Java
- Enum Example in Java
- Java Operators
- JVM: Java Virtual Machine
- Java vs Other Programming Languages