Python and Django both are incomparable on the basis of the Coding. Often people ask ‘How is Python different from Django’. If you have experience of python and you don’t know what Django is, it’s all right. Django is not an essential thing that every Python developer should be familiar with it but, if you are learning python for developing the web application then you must have the knowledge of Django or you can learn any other python frameworks to use as there are many of those.
Python is a high-level language and one of the trending languages of the current scenario because of its versatile nature. Python is used everywhere such as in Scientific Research, development of dynamic web application, Artificial intelligence, data analysis, development of software and many platforms on which Python is using. But when we discuss the web application development on python then we need some special kind of tools called web frameworks. Web frameworks help python coding to create a dynamic web application.
Django is the most famous web framework of Python out there, though Python has many web frameworks, Django is the best among those but when you choose for web development, Django is the best.
It is irrelevant to differentiate Python with Django. Django is an Application of Python. The only difference Django and python have that Python is a Programming language and Django is a Python Web Framework.
Python vs Django
|Developers||Python Software Foundation||Django Software Foundation|
|Filename||.py, .pyc, .pyd, .pyo||.py, .pyc, .pyd, .pyo|
|Language type||Programming Language||Web Framework|
|Applications||Create a Web application, Data analysis, A.I. Software Development, Etc.||Web Application|
|Written on||C language||Python|
Python is a High level, the Interpreted language which is created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. Python is a multi-paradigm programming language. It works on the concept of OPP’s (Object Orientated Programming). The syntax of Python plays an important role to differentiate it from the other high-level programming languages. The Simplicity of the python syntax makes it very easy to learn and understand. The future of the python is very bright as compared to other programming languages. Python is everywhere from web development to Artificial Intelligence everyone is using python to complete their projects.
- Dynamic Language
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Functional imperative
- High level
Advantages of Python
- Easy to read and understand.
- You don’t need to declare the type of variable while writing the code.
- Support Object Orientation and procedure-oriented programming.
- It can be extended to other languages like C or C++.
- Python code written on one platform can run into others without making any changes, you can run your window python coding on a mac without making any changes.
- Mac OS already supports python you do not need to install it.
- It is an open source so everyone is free to download and learn the Python.
- It provides a large community.
- It supports a large no. of standard libraries.
- It has its own web frameworks.
Disadvantages of Python:
- Python is slow as compare to other high languages such as C++ or Java.
- For smartphone apps, Python is not used often.
- Python is Dynamic language so the user does not need to declare the type of variable while writing the code this lead to error many times when programmer mistake one data type with another.
- The Databases Access of Python is yet underdeveloped.
Real-time Application of Python
- Python offers many web development web frameworks such as Django, Pyramid etc.
- It is widely used in Scientific and numeric computing
- Used in scripting Operation System
- Help in designing GUI-based Desktop Applications
Django is one of the most popular upcoming frameworks of Python. A Web framework is a server-side application which is designed to support the development of the dynamic web Applications.
How a Framework does help to design to a Web Application?
A web framework is a collection of class, libraries or API (Application program interface) and these are the pre-defined code that a developer uses in their program for the specific purpose.
Django is a Python web framework which was named after Guitarist Django Reinhardt. It is an open source web framework so anyone can download the Django on their system and use it for free. Django has a Principle on which it works and it is DRY i.e. Don’t Repeat Yourself. This principle states to keep the code simple and does not write the same code again and again. Django supports the MVC (Model View Controller) as well as the specificity of Django is MVT (Model View Template) Architectural Pattern.
Django Main Features
- It is Very fast.
- It contains many components
- It is very secure
- It has a versatile nature
Advantages of Django
- Django support Object-Relation Mapper. In Django, you can define your Data Models.
- As it is written on Python, it is very easy to learn.
- It has a vast community over the world.
- Built-in Admin. It is used to manage the user content of the website, whether you want to add a user or want to create a group.
- Django has full-featured and an authentication system which can handle User Account, Password, and Cookies.
- It supports multiple languages. With Django, you can translate text into different languages.
Disadvantages of Django
- Routing pattern specifies its URL.
- It is excessively Monolithic; it directs the developer to write into the given pattern instead of free programming structure.
- It does not have that much capacity to manage multi requests.
You might be also interested: