Python is one of the trending and in-demand programming languages in the computer science community. Dues to its wide range of capabilities and increasing popularity, many developers are switching their projects to Python. With its easy, simple, and clean syntax, Python is replacing several other complex programming languages.
One of the key reasons why Python has become highly popular in the past few years are the advancements in the fields of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Machine Learning. This is so because Python is one of the most suitable programming languages to use in data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Additionally, Python facilitates web development, software development, and game development. By learning Python, individuals get a wide choice of career options that they can pursue.
In this article, we have shared a road map that you can follow if you want to become a Python developer. Keep in mind that there is no rigid or specific way by which you can become a Python developer. However, the best you can do is streamline your learning process and make it as efficient as possible.
Who is a Python Developer?
Right now, you might be thinking, who exactly is a Python developer? Well, it is a little disappointing that there is no exact definition of a Python developer. There are many jobs and domains that require Python.
In the field of IT, those people who use Python as a tool to develop different types of projects basically are usually known as Python developers. In simple words, a Python developer is a person who uses the Python programming language to work on a wide variety of projects related to web development, software development, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and much more.
Why Become a Python Developer?
While planning to learn Python, you may wonder why you should become a Python developer. Well, there are surely many programming languages that you can go with instead of Python to develop the same projects. However, learning Python is more of a personal choice.
Also, it becomes easy for beginners who are new to programming to get started with Python. Currently, Python offers more opportunities and a promising future for developers compared to several other programming languages. Data scientist, which is one of the highest-paid jobs in the IT industry, requires knowledge of the Python programming language.
A data scientist can use different programming languages rather than Python, but most companies hire data scientists with Python expertise.
Here are some key reasons to become a Python developer:
- Python is one of the easiest programming languages to learn and is ideal for beginners.
- It is an 0pen source programming language. Thus, it is free to use.
- It can run on all major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- We can create an effective program by writing less code.
- Python comes with a huge number of libraries. Thus, you can easily find multiple Python libraries that can help you develop a project quickly and efficiently.
- It is a versatile programming language that has applications in a wide variety of fields, such as web development, software development, artificial intelligence, and data science.
- Python developers are paid well.
Salary of Python Developers
Salary is one of the key factors that every Python developer considers. The following table highlights the average salary that Python developers get in India for different roles:
|Python Developers||(Average) Salary in INR|
|Sr. Software Developer||5,07,971|
Note: The salary mentioned above can vary.
Popular Tech Companies That use Python
- Walt Disney
Following are some of the most popular job roles for Python developers:
- Software Developer or Engineer
- Web Developer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Automation Testing Engineer
A Python software developer uses various Python concepts and GUI libraries like Tkinter to create software for different platforms. However, Python is not a popular choice for software development because there are many other programming languages that have established their dominance in this domain. Nonetheless, it is quite possible that in the coming years, Python will become a more popular choice for software development.
Python is a preferred choice for back-end development. Web developers can use Python to create powerful and feature-rich web applications. There are several web frameworks available for Python, such as Django , Flask , and Pyramid, that facilitates the development of dynamic web applications. Many popular tech companies, such as Google and Instagram, use Python for the development of their web applications.
A Data Analyst is a person responsible for analyzing raw data and interpreting valuable information from that data. Data analysts need various tools to collect, organize and process data, and Python is one such tool used for data analysis.
Python offers several libraries for data analysis and visualization, such as NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and Seaborn. To become a data analyst, you should understand the basic concepts of Python and statistics. Also, you need to have knowledge of various libraries, including NumPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib.
A Data Scientist is a professional who deals with huge amounts of data and performs data analysis, data manipulation, and data interpretation. In general, data scientists use Python as a tool for fetching and interpreting data. Also, a data scientist must have a good knowledge of various mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistics.
Additionally, it is essential for a data scientist to know how to use Python libraries such as TensorFlow, sci-kit-learn, etc., to create data models that can figure out the relationship between data and extract useful information that helps to make predictions and well-informed business decisions.
Machine Learning Engineer
A machine learning engineer uses Python and some of its libraries, such as TensorFlow and Scikit, to create machine learning models. Apart from Python, a machine learning engineer must have a good understanding of various mathematical concepts, such as Statistics, Probability, Calculus, etc.
In machine learning, mathematics plays a vital role in solving real-world problems, and Python is just a medium to implement those solutions.
Machine learning is a subset of artificial intelligence. So, an artificial intelligence engineer must be familiar with the concepts of machine learning. Also, artificial intelligence deals with deep learning and neural networks, which means that an AI engineer should know the concepts associated with them.
How to Become a Python Developer?
As we have mentioned earlier, there are many fields that a Python developer can choose. Also, each field requires a Python developer to have a different set of skills. For instance, when it comes to data science and data analysis, a Python developer needs to have knowledge of various mathematical concepts, including statistics and probability.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to become a Python developer:
- Step 1 : Learn the basics of Python.
- Step 2: Learn all the basic algorithms in Python.
- Step 3: Try to solve competitive problems using Python.
- Step 4: Choose the field in which you want to build your career as a Python developer.
- Step 5: Learn the popular Python libraries and modules used in the field that you have chosen.
- Step 6: Strengthen your knowledge of Python by working on various Python projects .
- Step 7: Follow and like the Python community and the specific field that you have chosen on GitHub to keep yourself updated about the latest advancements.
- Step 8: Check real-time problems on the GitHub repository
Basic Python Concepts to Learn
- Python Variables
- Python Data Types
- I/O Operations
- Python Data Structures
- Python statements like loops, conditional, and Control Statements
- Decorators and Generators in Python
- Python File Handling
- Python Exception Handling
- Database using Python
How to Become a Web Developer?
To become a web developer, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Learn Python fundamentals.
- Step 2: Learn the concepts of object-oriented programming .
- Step 3: Try to solve console-based problems to improve your problem-solving skill.
- Step 4: Learn basic SQL.
- Step 6: Learn a Python web framework, such as Django or Flask . For the record, Django is the most popular web framework for Python.
- Step 7: Once you have learned the basics of Django or Flask or any other Python web framework, try to create your own projects.
- Step 8: Always refer to the official documentation of a framework.
- Step 9: Learn How to develop your project on the server.
How to Become a Data Scientist?
To become a data scientist, you have to learn a bunch of things, and your problem-solving skills should be great. You can follow these steps to become a data scientist:
- Step 1: Develop a sound understanding of mathematical concepts, such as Calculus, probability, linear algebra statistic, etc.
- Step 2: Learn Python fundamentals.
- Step 3: Learn how to use Python libraries like NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, and Seaborn.
- Step 4: Learn SQL.
- Step 5: Learn how to manipulate data.
- Step 6: Learn how to use a database with Python.
- Step 7: Learn and practice machine learning and AI concepts.
How to Become a Machine Learning and AI Engineer?
As machine learning is a part of artificial intelligence, you need to know the concepts of machine learning to become an AI engineer. Following are the steps that you can follow to become a machine learning engineer or AI engineer:
- Step 1: Gain knowledge of advanced mathematics.
- Step 2: Learn Python fundamentals.
- Step 3: Learn Python libraries used for artificial intelligence and machine learning, like Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, and Keras.
- Step 4: Learn all machine learning algorithms.
- Step 5: Learn and practice how to implement AI and machine learning algorithms with Python.
- Step 6: Improve your problem-solving skills.
- Step 7: Dig more into AI and learn the concept of Deep Learning.
- Step 8: Learn the architecture and workings of neural networks.
Python is a general-purpose programming language that has a wide variety of applications. You can use Python to develop solutions for real-world problems. It all depends on you how you look at a problem and try to solve it. Python acts as a platform that you can use to program solutions for different types of problems.
While Python is easy to learn, it's important for you to figure out what you need to learn and how to make your learning process efficient. As Python developers work in a wide array of fields, it's important for you to decide what field you want to work in as a Python developer.
Through this article, we tried to guide you through the process of learning Python and other skills required to work in various fields, namely web development, data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. If you have any suggestions or queries, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below.
People are also reading: