Python is one of the most trendings and demanding programming languages in the computer science community. With the emerging popularity and bright future, it has made many other developers to switch their project to python, and why not with easy, simple and clean syntax python is outdating other complex programming languages.
It’s all because of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Machine Learning, in the past 5 years, Python has gained a great hype in the software community.
Here in this article, we have tried to put a road map that you could follow to become a Python Developer. There is not a rigid or specific way by which you can become a python developer, there are the various paths that you can follow to be a part of the Python community and contribute.
Whom do we call a Python developer?
The first question comes in mind is who are python developers (a man with Python on his back), there is no solid definition of who are python developer.
There are many jobs and domain which require Python, but in IT community those people which use python as a tool to complete their project basically we call them python developer and this definition also apply on other languages developer too.
As we know that python is a very versatile programming language and various domain demand it for their projects and projects could be related to web development, software development, Automation tester, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, etc.
In sort, a python developer is that person who uses the python programming language to create something new and he could be anyone such as a software developer, Web developer, Data Scientist, Artificial intelligence engineer, etc.
Why be a Python Developer?
The Question may arise why to be a Python developer, though there are many other programming and scripting languages out there. The answer is simple, it’s not necessary that you have to be a python developer in order to achieve something in the tech world.
It’s more likely an individual choice and what is trending in the market right now. Right now, Python is promising more opportunity and bright future to its developer as compared to other programming languages.
Data Scientist which is the most demanding and well-paid job of IT industry itself uses Python as one of its tools. A data scientist can use different programming language rather than Python, but most of the data scientist and the company who hire data scientists, look for Python Developer.
Some reasons why to become a Python developer
- Python is one of the most trending and fast-growing programming languages.
- It is one of the easiest programming languages and very Ideal for beginners.
- It is an Open source programming language so it is free to use.
- It can run on almost every Operating system.
- With less code, we can create an effective program
- It has an insane number of libraries, for each project you would have a library.
- It is a versatile programming language once you choose it, it opens a hell lot of door for you.
- Python developer paid well for their skill sets.
Salary of Python Developers
Salary matter the most what is the use of having a skill popular programming language, if it would not able to pay your bills.
|Python Developers||(Average)Salary in INR|
|Sr. Software Developer||5,07,971|
Note: The salary mentioned above can vary.
Tech Companies Which use Python
- Walt Disney
As we know that python is a versatile programming language what does it mean, it means that it can be used to serve a different purpose and it’s not necessary that those all would interlink somehow.
Some most demanding Job Python Offer
- Software Developer or Engineer (using python)
- Web Developer (using Python)
- Data Analyst (using python)
- Data Scientist (using python)
- Machine Learning (using python)
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer (using Python)
- Automation Testing Engineer (using Python)
A python software developer uses core or basic python and some GUI libraries like Tkinter to make software for different platform. Python does not have a much effect on software development market because there are many other programming languages which are doing great in this field. This could be possible that in coming years python also has a market in platform wise software development.
Web Developer (Using Python)
In web development, more specifically in back end web development python has great use to create web applications that can handle the data in the web.
Python has many interesting and powerful web frameworks such as Django, Flask, Pyramid which are used to create dynamic web applications. Many big tech companies like Google, Instagram uses python framework for their web applications.
A Data Analyst is a person who analyses data and interprets valuable information from that data. To analyze Data, we need tools which can fetch the data and arrange it according to the developer, for that we use python.
As we know that python has a large number of libraries, for data analysis and visualization python has manly libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, seaborn, etc. To be a Data Analysist you should have the complete knowledge of basic python along with NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib libraries and mathematic statistic concept.
Data Scientist and Data Analyst sometimes sounds similar but they are not you can say that data scientist is the upgrade version of Data Analyst. A data Scientist deal with data analyzing, data manipulation, data interpretation, data models, etc.
A data scientist uses python as a tool for fetching and interpreting the data, a data scientist must be acquitted with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
A data scientist must know how to use python libraries such as TensorFlow, sci-kit-learn etc. A data scientist using his skills, data, and python create models that used to predict the future outcome. Many fields of data scientist intercept with Machine learning concepts.
Machine Learning Engineer
As we have told that a python is just a tool, which is used to interact with the machine. In machine learning we also use python and some of its libraries such as TensorFlow and Scikit to apply the concept of the machine learning algorithm.
Apart from python and its library, a Machine learning engineer must be acquitted with the mathematical concept such as Statistic, Probability, Calculus, etc. In machine learning mathematics play a vital role to solve the real-world problem and python is just a medium to implement those solutions. Machine learning has many algorithms that a Machine learning engineer should be familiar with.
At last, its all depend on the engineer who comes with the different and efficient algorithms that can contribute to the machine learning development.
Machine Learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence, so the Artificial Intelligence engineer must know all the concepts of Machine learning and all of its algorithm. AI also deal with Deep learning and Neural network which mean an AI engineer must be someone with great knowledge and problem-solving skills.
AI contains many complex algorithms and what programming language rather than Python could be appropriate for this.
How to Become a Python Developer?
As we have told that there are many fields in Python you can choose and each field has its own requirement. Some of the python fields Interact such as Data Science and Data Analysis, or Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence but at last, you have to choose any one of the python fields to become a python developer.
Before you choose any field, you must have complete knowledge of basic Python Fundamentals.
Steps to be a Python developer:
- Step 1: Learn Basic Python
- Step 2: Learn All the basic Algorithm in Python
- Step 3: Try to solve competitive problems using python.
- Step 4: Choose the Python Intermediate field in which you want to build your career.
- Step 5: The field you have chosen to learn its Python libraries and modules
- Step 6: Try to create your own projects.
- Step 7: Follow and like the python community and the specific field you have chosen on GitHub for regular update.
- Step 8: Check real-time problem on GitHub repository
Topics of basic Python Fundamentals
- Python Variables
- Python Data Types
- Python Data Structures
- Python statements like loops, conditional and Control Statements
- I/O Operations
- Python Exception Handling
- Python File Handling
- Decorators and Generators
- Database using python
How to Become a Web Developer using Python:
To be a web developer follow these steps:
- Step 1: Learn Python Fundamentals and basic
- Step 2: Mostly focus on Object-Oriented Programming language
- Step 3: Try to solve the console-based application to improve your problem-solving skill
- Step 4: Learn basic SQL
- Step 6: Now you can choose any framework of Python (Django or Flask), for recode Django is the most popular framework of Python
- Step 7: Once you have learned basics of Django or flask or any other framework Try to use that knowledge to create your own projects.
- Step 8: Always refer Framework documentation for more details about the framework
- Step 9: Use websites like stack overflow or GitHub for regular updates
- Step 10: Use the internet to search for various projects for Django
- Step 11: Learn How to develop your project on the server.
How to Become a Data Scientist using Python
To be a data scientist you have to learn a bunch of things and your problem-solving skills should be great. Follow these steps to become a Data Scientist
- Step 1: Must be acquainted with mathematic concepts such as Calculus, probability, linear algebra statistic, etc
- Step 2: Learn Python fundamentals
- Step 3: Learn how to use Python libraries like NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, Seaborn.
- Step 4: Learn SQL
- Step 5: Learn How to manipulate data.
- Step 6: Learn how to use the database using python.
- Step 7: Learn and Practice Machine learning and AI concepts
How to become a Machine learning and Al Engineer?
As machine learning is a Part of Artificial intelligence so to become an AI engineer you need to know the concept of Machine learning
- Step 1: Must have knowledge of advance Mathematic.
- Step 2: Lear python fundaments
- Step 3: Learn python libraries like Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, and Keras
- Step 4: Learn All machine learning algorithm
- Step 5: Learn and practice how to implement all the algorithms using python.
- Step 6: Improve problem-solving skills.
- Step 7: Dig more in AI learn the concept of Deep Learning
- Step 8: Learn the architecture and working of neural networks.
At last, when you try to work on your own project you will realize that python is just a programming language to implement your own solution. Its all depend on you how you look at a problem and try to solve it, and python just give you a platform so you can easily program your solution.
Any company won’t give you a job just because you know the concept of python, they try to hire those who possess unique problem-solving skills. It would be better if you mostly focus on data structure and algorithm.
People are also reading:
- Best Way to Learn Python
- Get the difference between Python vs Node.js
- Difference between Java vs Python
- Difference between Python vs Django
- Difference between Python vs PHP
- How to become a web developer?
- Online Python Compiler
- Best Python Interpreters
- Hangman Game in Python